Mar 04, 2021, 09:55 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by techspy
Is the FPV Live app for the v2 goggles that can be installed on any android device out yet?

No not yet. Itís still not confirmed it ever will be for FPV standalone. This is all a future feature. As itís a different operating mode between FPV mode and Drone mode itís less likely than before it will.
to remove ads between posts
Mar 04, 2021, 09:59 AM
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
You can activate V2 via assistant when in FPV Standalone mode. You can not when itís in FPV Drone mode.

If your goggles come in FPV Drone mode you can swap unless you actually have the drone.

The issue is if you update the firmware before activating they boot in drone mode and your stuck.

This is simply DJIs dumb process of making you activate via Assistant 2 when in FPV mode and the Fly App in Drone mode. You canít do the opposite.

The goggles basically have 2 different firmware onboard
But that's the point I was in drone mode when I activated it. In fact I couldn't link to my vista because of that. It wasn't until I updated the FW to 1.01 yesterday (and you can't update without being activated) that I was finally able to connect to my vista.
Mar 04, 2021, 01:42 PM
Mad_angler1,

My brand new v2 goggles (standalone, not with fpv drone) will be arriving tomorrow. What should I do to use it?
Mar 04, 2021, 02:34 PM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Quote:
Originally Posted by danong
Mad_angler1,

My brand new v2 goggles (standalone, not with fpv drone) will be arriving tomorrow. What should I do to use it?

Connect straight to assistant 2 for FPV and activate. Donít update firmware. Any issues just post.
Mar 04, 2021, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_angler1
Connect straight to assistant 2 for FPV and activate. Donít update firmware. Any issues just post.
I read that if a newer firmware is available, Asistant 2 will not activate unless updated to that.
Mar 05, 2021, 06:52 AM
I too have a lovely £600 paperweight in the shape of my V2 goggles - as well as several quad shaped paperweights now too!!

Now that we all know what the problem is - surely it wont take DJI that long to issue a new firmware that lets us choose which mode the goggles boot up into.

Alternatively they could issue firmware that lets us activate in ANY mode with the DJI Assistant 2 app on PC/Mac.

Come on DJI !!!
Mar 05, 2021, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp3105
I too have a lovely £600 paperweight in the shape of my V2 goggles - as well as several quad shaped paperweights now too!!

Now that we all know what the problem is - surely it wont take DJI that long to issue a new firmware that lets us choose which mode the goggles boot up into.

Alternatively they could issue firmware that lets us activate in ANY mode with the DJI Assistant 2 app on PC/Mac.

Come on DJI !!!
What you do? Connect Asistant 2 to goggle to activate?
Mar 05, 2021, 07:42 AM
Somebody please check the analog mod latency with the Goggles V2.

After the upgrade, the Goggles V1 had a delay of about 30ms. I wonder if they fixed this in the new V2 version.
Mar 05, 2021, 07:57 AM
A general question: why would anyone with v1 goggles even consider buying v2 ones?
Mar 05, 2021, 08:18 AM
Are we there yet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendorm
A general question: why would anyone with v1 goggles even consider buying v2 ones?
For the potential Video out to your phone, but now it would seem that only applies to the new drone, it's not available at this time for air units.

It would have been cheaper to sell V1 and buy V2 as opposed to paying for a smart controller just to use it as a monitor, but right now that is uncertain.
Mar 05, 2021, 08:39 AM
Is there any detailed documentation on the v2 goggles? I read what DJI has which is minimal. I feel like something that discusses all of the menu items in detail should exist. But it seems I have to depend on youtube and third party videos to understand the goggles more fully.

My goggles were only displaying 2 channels and the public channel. Which was strange. Then I found out that when operating 50 mps mode that you lose half. But that doesn't explain why I didn't have 3 channels and the public channel. So then for giggles I did the fcc hack on my caddx vista, and the 3 channels showed up. (but I bought everything from usa vendors). Then I did the 1200mw hack and it seems like everything is working as it should.

Anyway my goggles seem to do things that no one else's will. I was able to activate on my pc while it was in drone mode, without the drone. I couldn't switch to fpv mode before I activated and updated to 1.01. And then there was the 2 channel thing instead of 3. (plus the public).

It's hard to understand how the hardware and firmware seem to behave randomly for people.

Installed the caddx vista into a 3" drone (tight squeeze!) and flew it yesterday. It's quite an experience. The FOV is very large which looks great but it's hard to fly because it's not easy to pick out what to look at lol. I feel like I'm at an IMAX theater. It will take some getting used to. But the pq is fantastic and I had a great time with it.

I have to start investigating which aftermarket antenna to go with. I'm not going to get the drone so I'll want just 5.8g tunes on them, no need for 2.4g.
Mar 05, 2021, 08:46 AM
Are we there yet ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60
Is there any detailed documentation on the v2 goggles? I read what DJI has which is minimal. I feel like something that discusses all of the menu items in detail should exist. But it seems I have to depend on youtube and third party videos to understand the goggles more fully.

My goggles were only displaying 2 channels and the public channel. Which was strange. Then I found out that when operating 50 mps mode that you lose half. But that doesn't explain why I didn't have 3 channels and the public channel. So then for giggles I did the fcc hack on my caddx vista, and the 3 channels showed up. (but I bought everything from usa vendors). Then I did the 1200mw hack and it seems like everything is working as it should.

Anyway my goggles seem to do things that no one else's will. I was able to activate on my pc while it was in drone mode, without the drone. I couldn't switch to fpv mode before I activated and updated to 1.01. And then there was the 2 channel thing instead of 3. (plus the public).

It's hard to understand how the hardware and firmware seem to behave randomly for people.

Installed the caddx vista into a 3" drone (tight squeeze!) and flew it yesterday. It's quite an experience. The FOV is very large which looks great but it's hard to fly because it's not easy to pick out what to look at lol. I feel like I'm at an IMAX theater. It will take some getting used to. But the pq is fantastic and I had a great time with it.

I have to start investigating which aftermarket antenna to go with. I'm not going to get the drone so I'll want just 5.8g tunes on them, no need for 2.4g.
I thought it was tight when I put it in my Diatone 4", wiring all squished up ,to get the antenna above the battery I bought the 15cm Caddx Vista antenna, works fine.
Mar 05, 2021, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOGPS
I thought it was tight when I put it in my Diatone 4", wiring all squished up ,to get the antenna above the battery I bought the 15cm Caddx Vista antenna, works fine.
I have it in a Gecko 3" frame. I had to make a 3d printed mount to shift it as far forward as I could to clear the stack. I wanted to put the caddx in the rear, but the stack worked better with 3mm dia screws, and the caddx is setup for 2mm and the frame has 3mm holes in the back and 2mm holes in the front. I hate drilling carbon fiber. So anyway the two sets of hole patterns (front and rear) were too close to each other to fit the caddx. So my print shifts the caddx forward about 6mm.

I have the video antenna out in front which is unusual, but it was the easiest way to do it. I'll post a pic a little later on. I'm working on another small print to support the antenna it's too floppy, afraid I'll chop it off in a spin.
Mar 05, 2021, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyd60

What firmware they were on initially?
Mar 05, 2021, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlcox89
What firmware they were on initially?
They were 1.06xxxx don't remember the full number, not the more recent 1.06xxxx, but an earlier version of that one.

Quick Reply