This thread is privately moderated by earlwb, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 30, 2020, 08:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

I got back into FPV for a while again.

I got back into flying FPV mutticopters again for a while.
Technology has advanced a lot since I last built up some quads. Now they have integrated stacks with the 4 in 1 ESCs, Flight Controllers, Video TX and super tiny RC receivers. My old quads only have maybe 32 video channels and no race band channels. Now they can have up to 48 channels on the video transmitters plus some VTXs have a custom band where you can program it for your favorite channels. Then they have OSD now and you can change VTX channels from your RC transmitter. With some flight controllers you can even edit your PIDS remotely too. What is really neat is being able to configure or program the ESCs via the flight controller too. That is great for reversing a motor or two without having to mess with the motor wires.

I used a Emax mini Magnum 2 stack with a 4 in 1 ESC, Flight Controller, and VTX. The motors are Emax ECO 2306 1700kv, and Emax AVAN 5x2.8x3 props. It is setup for six cell Lipos.

I just got done building up this Pyrodrone FL3X 5 inch quad. It is about as small as you can go with a 5 inch quad and not have the propellers hit the frame or components on it.

Last edited by earlwb; Oct 30, 2020 at 08:34 PM. Reason: add more info
to remove ads between posts
Dec 14, 2020, 08:03 PM
Thread OP
I forgot to add a pic of its weight. I hadn't tried to reduce its weight per se. I could have done thinga like use more light weight motors, etc.

Quick Reply