This thread is privately moderated by Balsabird, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 28, 2020, 05:14 PM
Trader Rating: 119
Balsadustus Producerus
Thread OP
Wanted

Looking for a Min-X Astromite VI transmitter.

I've been involved with upgrading various older radio control transmitters to 2.4g, and am having a hard time finding this one. Would anyone here be able to part with one to these? I'm looking for this particular version Astromite with the red plastic stick bales as shown here.

Thanks for any help.
Latest blog entry: Single Channel Case
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2020, 05:19 PM
Trader Rating: 11
That is a cool project. I did a Airtronics Championship about two months ago. maybe I should do my Heathkit GD-19 5ch, which I built when I was 14 years old in 1973. it still works and is on 27MHz
Oct 28, 2020, 07:24 PM
Trader Rating: 9
I have a Heathkit GD-19 5 channel too. 72 mhz
Oct 28, 2020, 08:05 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Back in 73, the kit cost me around $200. That was a lot of money back than and especially for a 14 year old kit. I cut a lot of grass and delivered a lot of papers to save that money. I paid that much for a 66 Chrysler 300 two years later after I got my license. That came with a 383 and a 4-barrel. For a big boat, it really moved out. LOL
Oct 28, 2020, 09:35 PM
Balsadustus Producerus
Thread OP
They're unusual in that the stick bales don't have the usual centering scissors arrangement. The stick base is in a half-round socket setup, and the centering spring is in the middle, pulling straight down on the stick--and hooked to-- the printed circuit board. Once you move the stick from neutral in either direction, moving it the other direction (such as commanding aileron, then elevator, or the other way around), did not increase spring forces.

Otakar...#2 here. My first car was a 1959 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88. Also the 383 and 4-barrel. About 6,000 pounds curb weight with 24 gallons (premium, please) in the tank, with no one on board . Double-wall body construction, "X" underbody frame, the works. Three-speed auto with a compound low. It would get with the program pronto! Cost of doing business--11 mpg no matter how careful you were Stomping on it going onto a freeway onramp could literally run the gas gauge down one needle width! Toward the end, only way to keep oil in the pan and/or from blowing past the rings, was by using Aeroshell 60 weight aviation oil . Would have loved to do a restoration, but I was a newly-minted A&P mechanic. Took many years before I could have what the main character in "Air America" said: "After 10 years of doing this, I still don't have a pot to pee in!"
Nov 03, 2020, 11:07 AM
Balsadustus Producerus
Thread OP
Bump back to top of listings, one time

Quick Reply