Oct 28, 2020, 11:45 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

RCSpeeds

Hello fellow RC pilots. A few of you offered to help with RCSpeeds.com over the years but I've always said, "I'll take care of it" as I was probably posting more speeds for me and my buddies than anyone, Some have said "adds ", I hope a lot of you hate flashy adds as much as I do. For more than a decade I've paid for the hosting, domain registration, coded any updates, (including the whole gyro thing a few years ago that's rarely used ) and entered all the planes, pilots locations and the speeds for everyone anywhere in the world. I do love doing it but I pay for it in 3 or 5 year periods so it's a bit of cash. Anyway it would be great to have some of you guys that offered, (if you still feel that way) via PayPal help me with this cost.

I haven't high speed DS'd in years so NOW I'm happy to accept help with the costs of rcspeeds.com. I'll add that if the interest stays as positive as it is now I'll be making upgrades allowing others to enter hills, planes, pictures, speeds... Actually I've already added code for some of that a few years ago but never finished as there were a lot of different opinions of how or whether or not it should be done. Perhaps some of you have an idea of who enters speeds for what country/records/self-posts/ required witnesses… I’m not sure everyone entering speeds works,,, I don’t know???

Thanks Guys, I'm off to enter a few new speeds.

Paypal = [email protected]
Last edited by daboz; Oct 28, 2020 at 01:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2020, 12:16 PM
DS Junkie
Hey Chris, happy to help. I sent you a PM.

I would suggest that anyone who has a speed posted on RCSpeeds donate what they can to help keep it going. Chris has spent $$$$s of dollars (that's 4 $ signs) of his own money keeping the site up, not to mention all the time and effort involved. Let's do our part to help out.

Regarding the rest, I'd say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Last edited by Screamin' Eagle; Oct 28, 2020 at 01:25 PM.
Oct 28, 2020, 12:30 PM
Thread OP
Dominic posted a great question to me...

10/15 guys at 20 bucks would be great. I'll delete the post if I get over 300 bucks. AND whatever I get will all go to extending the hosting of rcspeeds.
Last edited by daboz; Oct 30, 2020 at 11:36 AM. Reason: Ahhhh Is there a delete function? Me thinks no...
Oct 28, 2020, 12:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screamin' Eagle
I'd say if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Well at a minimum it should be updated to work better on hand held devices.
Oct 28, 2020, 12:54 PM
DS Junkie
Hey Chris, is that supposed to be a ".com" at the end of your email address?
Oct 28, 2020, 01:03 PM
Thread OP
yes sir

thx

I'll edit
Oct 28, 2020, 03:25 PM
Remember... Fly for fun!
Happy to help here, Chris. Was always waiting for the continuation of our conversation when we stayed at yours. RC Speeds has grown into an invaluable resource, there's no equal or anything that's even close. We have always struggled to express our gratitude to you for what you have done with this over the years. You are a legend sir!

Paypal money has been sent

Let me know if you still wanted a second set of hands to enter speeds
Oct 28, 2020, 05:16 PM
$50 sent, let me know if you need more. I really appreciate all the effort you've made over the years to keep this going! THANK YOU CHRIS!!
Oct 28, 2020, 05:20 PM
Fun fun fun.... bang
Thanks for your hard work $$ sent
Oct 28, 2020, 05:50 PM
DS -- Nothing else matters.

We appreciate you-

Money sent. Thank you so much for all you do!
Oct 29, 2020, 01:12 AM
There is only DS
20 bucks Sent mate
Oct 29, 2020, 07:56 AM
Thread OP
wow thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 30, 2020, 12:21 AM
I have sent a contrubution. Thanks Chris
Oct 30, 2020, 10:10 AM
Thread OP
Thanks Guys we're good for a few more years....

Oct 30, 2020, 06:36 PM
a wing is enough
Hi Chris,

hope you also take Euros, a little bit more time for me is needed to get the Alula Trek Airframe Rekord over 50 mph to the list at rc-speeds
Some bucks from Germany are on the way across the atlantic pond

Thanks and cheers,

Uwe.

Quick Reply