May 14, 2021, 04:14 PM
Hi, Iam a experienced fixed wing pilot and i like to build has well but runny g out of room for any more builds so to pass my time i have started to build the early version of RC Exporers ti-copter. i have no problem building the Tri-copter and was hoping to learn regarding setting up and adjusting for flight. Will be copying a template regarding setting up the Tri-copter but i expect it will need some adjusting. My question is when reading the set up template there is many abbreviations i simply do not understand. Is there a link where it explains each abbreviation.
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2021, 09:13 AM
Hi, Got my ti-copter built and just tried to hover but it seems the tail rotor will not lift at all. All esc,s are the same,same motors as well but as my last message say i have not got a clue what to do next. Would like some response please if you can .
May 18, 2021, 09:19 AM
Gravity is patient............
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
Hi, Got my ti-copter built and just tried to hover but it seems the tail rotor will not lift at all. All esc,s are the same,same motors as well but as my last message say i have not got a clue what to do next. Would like some response please if you can .
Post screen shots of all the setup tabs in the flight controller software you are using.
May 18, 2021, 10:59 AM
Hi, Thank you for getting back to me. Iam not very good at posting pictures but will try and explain my set up. I have copied rc explorer build with a kk.2.5 fc and have my spectrum receiver channels throttle, air,elev, rudd connected to corresponding channels on the kk.2 . On the right hand side i have LF motor to channel 1, RF motor to channel 2, and tail motor to channel 3. The servo is powered by a 4.8v regulator running from the main flight pack. I have checked all props and all motors for correct direction and i have calibrated all esc,s. Hope this helps.
May 18, 2021, 03:23 PM
My kk.2 board has been flashed with a vtol firmware and this is making it difficult to understand how to follow this template regarding setting up the Tri-copter. Is it possible to remove this vtol firmware back to default and then i could follow Rc Explorers tutorial on programming the kk.2.
May 30, 2021, 06:48 AM
Thread OP
Sorry buddy. Most tricopter builders / pilots have moved on from the KK boards so information on those is going to be tapping into some memories for an aging population.
Jun 09, 2021, 05:10 PM
Hi, I have the KK2 v1.5 flashed with the Vtol firmware to install in the Vtol explorer. Is it possible to remove this Vtol firmware and go back to the original Kk2 board factory reset. Thank you.

Quick Reply