Dec 01, 2020, 05:04 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by -kno3-
Your hull looks good now.
it is getting there. a couple of more months and it should be done.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 02, 2020, 05:51 PM
Thread OP
some progress has been made. i chopped the top and trimmed the window openings . i still need to put a border trim aroud the lid. i an adding a mast because i like the look of this model now and the mast works for me. i will get it home just between the 2 bulk heads in the bow so about a quarter of the bow forward. eveything is puzzle fit. solid and easy to take apart with no tools.
Dec 10, 2020, 11:42 AM
Thread OP
i finished the mast and i put the glass for the lantern that will sit atop the mast away for safe keeping. i forgot were safe is. it will show up at some point. i also changed the racks that come for this kit as i hated them and made my own. pics to follow varnish is drying. varnish dry a couple of pics of the progress the lamp mast is done the roof racks look much better then the stock they provided in the kit. i still have to scotch brite and second and third coat but i'm getting there.. sorry to the purists that i changed the patricia but a pirate at heart i be.
Last edited by crash goodly; Dec 12, 2020 at 11:54 AM.
Dec 12, 2020, 11:57 AM
Thread OP
side note. i will be lighting the lantern. i'm just make a drill bit long and true enough to drill straight up the mast to run the wires. i still haven't found where i hid the glass for the lantern. i'm using the outer outer cap from a bottle of ca until the glass turns back up from where i put it.
Last edited by crash goodly; Dec 12, 2020 at 10:10 PM.
Dec 13, 2020, 03:10 AM
Hello crash goed, did you know the real (1: 1) Patricia is still sailing?
It is located in the town of Konstanz on Lake Bodensee in Germany.
A few years ago I wanted to visit him during our holiday and had tried to contact the owner via the harbor master, but unfortunately he never responded to my email.
Had he responded, I would undoubtedly have left over a few beautiful detailed photos.
Dec 13, 2020, 10:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert V
Hello crash goed, did you know the real (1: 1) Patricia is still sailing?
It is located in the town of Konstanz on Lake Bodensee in Germany.
A few years ago I wanted to visit him during our holiday and had tried to contact the owner via the harbor master, but unfortunately he never responded to my email.
Had he responded, I would undoubtedly have left over a few beautiful detailed photos.
thanks, i had no idea. i love the hull line but the roof line seems like it was an after thought and not planned with the boat,
Dec 19, 2020, 11:27 AM
Thread OP
the deck is drying it's first coat of varnish. everything else has gotten three. except the roof of the cabin as i varnished the window wells and underside of the cabin first pics later on today. i think in need to mount some of the fittings first before the second and third coat of the deck. i chucked the manual as having made this my way didn't work with the manual which i found very poor in it's order of assembly instruct. i understand how the guy i bought it from butchered it as bad as he did. he tried to step by step the manual and he buggered everything he did. once it's fully built is when i go in and steam punk it a bit. i really like the lines my change to the boat now looks more pleasing to my eye. if i owned the real one i'd chop it as well to look like my rendition of the pat which is now nice rhines.
Dec 22, 2020, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
a few pics of progress.
Dec 22, 2020, 03:50 PM
Thread OP
pic of the bow work
Dec 23, 2020, 06:17 PM
Thread OP
final assembly pics the bumpers need a couple of more rinses for the proper look. just have to figure out were i want to put the servo for the engine and how to hide i and it's ready for the pond.
Dec 24, 2020, 05:16 AM
Crash,
It has become a classy boat.
I am curious about the Maiden trip.
Dec 24, 2020, 09:26 AM
Very nice!
Dec 24, 2020, 10:38 AM
Thread OP
thanks gentlemen. i'll keep posting her progress as there is still much to do and and i'll give details on the maiden. ponds frozen for now though.
Last edited by crash goodly; Dec 24, 2020 at 04:05 PM.
Dec 29, 2020, 03:03 PM
Thread OP
so the apples of my eyes my granddaughters were here for xmas. the older one was admiring the new boat and i mistakenly showed her how the top comes off. she looked at me with that twinkle in her eye and said i love it with the roof off make a border so it's pretty around the back of the bench when the roof is off. don't know if i'll make one or two piece covers just measuring what to do pics to follow.

Quick Reply