Oct 27, 2020, 06:47 PM
Bob
Thread OP
Discussion

Total Newbie, BLADE INSTALLATION

Im almost embarrassed to ask this question but I’ll never know for sure so here it goes. I just finished my first build a SAB FIREBALL. I need to know if i got my blades on correctly so ill try to explain it in the simplest way i can. Standing directly behind the heli the main rotor blades spin clockwise and to the right correct?

Second the tail rotor blades spin backwards toward me if im standing directly behind the heli correct?

And finally to make sure i have my main rotor blades and tail rotor blades installed correctly , the leading edge ( thickest part of the blade) should be first going into the direction the blades are spinning correct??

I really appreciate you guys and the willingness to help newcomers like myself through these growing pains.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2020, 11:40 PM
Yes to all your questions
Oct 28, 2020, 06:35 AM
Bob
Thread OP
Thanks Suckerpunch, I really appreciate the help😀
Oct 28, 2020, 03:37 PM
as mentioned by Suckerpunch, it's 3 time a 'yes' on all your questions.

Regarding spinning direction of main blades and tail blades you could also check your manual page 14
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/13...page=14#manual

main motor spins clock wise from left to right + tail blades spin backwards

ps: that's quite a bee on steroids you have there
Oct 29, 2020, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_DaD

ps: that's quite a bee on steroids you have there
“Total Newbie” “first build” and “SAB FIREBALL”

Btc624: what experience do you have flying RC helicopters?
Oct 30, 2020, 06:52 AM
Bob
Thread OP
Just a S2 nano and alot of Sim time, I really wanted to build a kit so when i do crash i’ll have a good idea of how it all goes together, still I’m gonna use training gear for starters.
Oct 30, 2020, 08:03 AM
Tarot 550/600 & OMPHobby UK
On a belt trive heli like the Fireball always double check that the tail rotor does spin the correct way (the front tail blade should rise). It's very easy to get the twist of the belt wrong and end up with a reverse tail direction.

The pitch control arms on the grips (main and tail) must be on the leading side of the grip (facing direction of rotation).. Getting the grips reversed is another easy mistake.

Finally before flight it's a really good idea if at all possible to get an experienced heli flyer to give the heli a quick check-over. Helis are unforgiving beasts and it just takes a small mistake in build or setup to cause the maiden flight to end badly.

Quick Reply