Oct 27, 2020, 07:39 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Use Glow Props on Electric Planes?

I have a bunch of glow props from the 1990s. Some are wood and some are plastic. I got back in the hobby last year after being away for 20+ years. I only fly electric now. Can I successfully use the glow props on my electric planes?
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2020, 09:06 AM
You can use glow props on electric, but not electric props on glow.
Oct 27, 2020, 07:13 PM
So many planes, so little time
Probably won't be as efficient (reduced flight time), but they'll work. I tend to use them on scale electrics of 1.10 size or larger.

Oct 27, 2020, 10:17 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Electric versus glow props.

Vriendelijke groeten en wees voorzichtig, Ron
• Without a watt-meter you're in the dark ... until something starts to glow •
E-flight calculatorswatt-metersdiy motor tips&tricksCumulus MFC
Oct 31, 2020, 12:22 AM
It is genuinely which prop, from which manufacturer, size and pitch. Like you I've had heaps of IC props from my old, "oily"days and some are very good indeed which other are slightly more towards the paint stirrer end of the spectrum.

Most will work reasonably well but do be aware that some are very heavy and please be careful and balancing is needed. If you have them a tacho and a watt meter will be very useful.

Quick Reply