Oct 26, 2020, 01:32 PM
v/r "Sub" Ed
Thread OP
Yippee!

The "Cup"

Yay! It's here!! The "Cup" has arrived! All hail the "Cup"!!
Coffee will taste as it should!
Now off to eBay to find a Battleship Gray wall mounted Butt kit for my stoagies.
Only the worthy shall understand.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 02:03 PM
I'll admit, I don't "understand". Nevertheless, I luv the sub. As for the 'cup', to small...needs to be at least 20oz for me (chauffeurs "live" on caffeine).

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Oct 26, 2020, 02:25 PM
20M northeast of Hell Mi
Are we missing the “fun” times? Chief?
Latest blog entry: Blog
Oct 26, 2020, 02:27 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quartermaster
Only the worthy shall understand.

I haven't seen one of those in a long while... arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
Oct 26, 2020, 02:30 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
Papers sir!
Oct 26, 2020, 03:02 PM
My step-grandfather's was in German, on a ship with sails. From before WWI.

I wish I had spent more time just sitting and talking with him. He did a lot of carving on whale bones, made ships in bottles, all those traditional sailor things.

Andy
Oct 26, 2020, 03:25 PM
Latitudes vs Attitudes
Is it dishwasher safe?!!!
Last edited by Bob Gaito; Oct 26, 2020 at 03:31 PM.
Oct 26, 2020, 05:01 PM
“HEAR YE HEAR YE” Permission to come aboard fellow SHELL BACK!!
Oct 26, 2020, 05:48 PM
**NOT GUILTY**
This is my cup. There are many like it, but this one is mine....
Oct 26, 2020, 07:14 PM
when I would have the 4-8 watch I would have the mid watch brew a pot at 2 so it had time to properly age..."half the water twice the grounds?"
Oct 26, 2020, 09:12 PM
In CIC if the spoon didn't stand in the cup it wasn't fit to drink.
Oct 26, 2020, 09:22 PM
KC8WPF
I hope someone told the new Mess Cooks "Do NOT wash the Chief's cup."
Oct 27, 2020, 09:03 AM
When I was in the Navy and standing mid watch in the aft engine room, we all took turns on making the coffee for the watch trying to beat out each other for the best pot.

My trick was to add a slice of Apple to the grounds to take the sharp bidder edge off a very strong cup of Joe.
Oct 27, 2020, 12:24 PM
v/r "Sub" Ed
Thread OP

Blue Nose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Crash
Papers sir!

Since we are indeed reminiscing....3x Blue Nose.

And yes, that 1:96 Scale JAMES MADISON Class Boomer "The Cup" is sitting on is indeed my old boat USS ULYSSES S. GRANT SSBN 631

Had her for 25+ years and she's undergoing a Refit in the "Submarines" Section. She had won awards back in the famous Groton Sub Base SubRegatta's of the '90's.

One note for those familiar with the "Cup" It was amazing they could at one moment survive bouncing down a Companionway ladder, yet shatter into a million pieces falling two feet! What a "Go-No Go" piece of essential hardware,

Another memory, I'd drink a full pot of Navy brew in the 1st 1/2 hour of standing QMOW, the resulting "buzz" would last the remainder 5-1/2 hours....good times!
Oct 27, 2020, 06:11 PM
**NOT GUILTY**

My favorite coffee cup memory.

The GM1 decided to visit my enlisted berthing area, ( a rarity) He came down the ladder, set his full cup on the table, went into the head, and I super glued it down and walked out.

Quick Reply