Oct 26, 2020, 06:42 AM
Trader Rating: 29
Need more speed!
Thread OP
Discussion

This scammer looks more legit than most

Got a response to my "Wanted" ad today directing me to email the guy.

Name: scammer 1.JPG
Views: 172
Size: 51.2 KB
Description:

He was a user since 2014 and had 11 positive feedback on his Itrader so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Name: scammer 2.JPG
Views: 165
Size: 64.9 KB
Description:

Hmm, sounds phishy. Reverse image search, look what popped up on RCCanada!

Name: scammer 3.JPG
Views: 188
Size: 83.5 KB
Description:

It looks like some poor soul had his account hacked.

Edit: Got the email for the scammer. DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THIS EMAIL!!

Name: scammer 4.JPG
Views: 126
Size: 29.4 KB
Description:
Last edited by Chuppster; Oct 26, 2020 at 07:21 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 26, 2020, 07:05 AM
Trader Rating: 160
Build a scale plane already!!!
IDK man,, not many scammers post their phone number in numerous ads

You're probably right, some has hack him,, did you try calling him

Tell me you didn't sent F&F payment?
Oct 26, 2020, 07:09 AM
Need more speed!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
IDK man,, not many scammers post their phone number in numerous ads

You're probably right, some has hack him,, did you try calling him

Tell me you didn't sent F&F payment?
No, I didn't pay him anything. Everything looks too suspicious. I only do F&F with people I know anyway.
Oct 26, 2020, 07:11 AM
Cool,,
You, should report his account to Mods with your evidence,, if it has been hacked, they can put a hold on it until the real account holder can reset his password
Oct 26, 2020, 07:12 AM
Need more speed!
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only
Cool,,
You, should report his account to Mods with your evidence,, if it has been hacked, they can put a hold on it until the real account holder can reset his password
How do you contact the mods?
Oct 26, 2020, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuppster
How do you contact the mods?
Report icon is in the upper right of every post and PM

or post here https://www.rcgroups.com/site-sugges...omplaints-259/
Oct 26, 2020, 09:17 AM
Trader Rating: 11
"I'll accept friends and family payment option"
That doesn't look legitimate for someone trying to sell something.
I say waste his time. Been doing that with the tele people lately. They already wasted your time by getting you to go to the phone and look at it, which always happens when you're building something and really don't care to lose your train of thought. Ask them questions like why their caller ID doesn't represent who they say they are... all things they don't like being asked.
Nov 01, 2020, 08:05 AM
Trader Rating: 85
Mt. Dora, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiArf
"I'll accept friends and family payment option"
That doesn't look legitimate for someone trying to sell something.
I say waste his time. Been doing that with the tele people lately. They already wasted your time by getting you to go to the phone and look at it, which always happens when you're building something and really don't care to lose your train of thought. Ask them questions like why their caller ID doesn't represent who they say they are... all things they don't like being asked.
I look at telemarketers, this way, which helps me not to go off on them, "they are just trying to scratch out a living like everyone else" so I try and be as polite as my personality allows me to be. Some times I can fall quite short of it.
Nov 01, 2020, 09:06 AM
Trader Rating: 0
ive tried to be scammed on this site twice in a month. luckily i never sent money. whats the solution ? good buys on here at times. better than retailers but its also with risks.if your selling on here there should be a screening process or small upfront fee to sell. everything good always gets corrupted by sorry arse people.buy local if you can or take down the classifieds.if your honest, sell it on local mp or evil bay.were in dangerous times these days. liars everywhere.i would even pay a fee to join site.
Nov 01, 2020, 10:14 AM
Trader Rating: 86
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Nov 03, 2020 at 02:24 PM.
Nov 01, 2020, 04:06 PM
Trader Rating: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdoramike
I look at telemarketers, this way, which helps me not to go off on them, "they are just trying to scratch out a living like everyone else" so I try and be as polite as my personality allows me to be. Some times I can fall quite short of it.
That was how they were back when I was growing up, actually trying to sell something legitimately. Now they're mostly outright disrespectful and/or outright scammers. In those days nobody would have ever started their pitch with a recorded message either, since people expected to deal with humans, especially when someone is trying to contact you and not vice versa.
Nov 04, 2020, 01:17 PM
I'm Tri'n, are you Tri'n?
Zoom call or no sale, simple as that. Everyone has a cell phone these days.
Nov 04, 2020, 02:01 PM
Trader Rating: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuppster
Got a response to my "Wanted" ad today directing me to email the guy.

Attachment 14218319

He was a user since 2014 and had 11 positive feedback on his Itrader so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Attachment 14218317

Hmm, sounds phishy. Reverse image search, look what popped up on RCCanada!

Attachment 14218315

It looks like some poor soul had his account hacked.

Edit: Got the email for the scammer. DO NOT SEND MONEY TO THIS EMAIL!!

Attachment 14218365
he make the same movement to me, i pay him, thanks god i send goods and service, already put a claim on paypal an escalate the case
Nov 08, 2020, 04:01 PM
Trader Rating: 7
Resistance is futile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddmove
Zoom call or no sale, simple as that. Everyone has a cell phone these days.
What the heck is a zoom call? Excuse me if my age is showing...
Nov 08, 2020, 05:39 PM
Trader Rating: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by circuitfxr
What the heck is a zoom call? Excuse me if my age is showing...

I use mine to talk to people and check the weather only, and also own a real camera so no blurry cell phone pictures! I am not about ready to learn how to type with my thumbs, I prefer emails to do any business that way you have a printable record

Quick Reply