Oct 25, 2020, 02:27 PM
Slow Flight
Thread OP
Help!

MCX2 gyro- Where is it and how to dissable it?

I need to dissable gyro for the MCX2 board. Attach video on what is happening. An attach picture of the board , it is not like other in the forum.
-Where is it? ( i have a thread ..but my version does not have it at front.
-How to dissable it?
-Can i dissable it with in the TX ? If so , i have a jumper T8SG , please help how.

I hope you can help.

Thanks
ALex

Blade mcx2 enable on plane (0 min 45 sec)
Last edited by herreraa; Oct 25, 2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: spelling
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2020, 09:44 PM
The part you have circled is a capacitor. Unfortunetly i don't think there's an easy way to disable the gyro, it appears that board uses an ic gyro and not the mechanical type the v911 uses. It would be one of the black chips under the sticker one is a cyrf rf chip for the radio and the other will be the gyro but, I doubt you could easily disconnect it and keep it working.

I'd suggest trying to build a twin plane where the gyro acts to stabilize yaw.
Oct 26, 2020, 12:21 AM
Go small or go home
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...X-gyro-disable

Note the MCX board is slightly different than the MCX2 board. I would say the gyro is the metal can on the circuit side of the board. It's also possible that board controller may attempt check for what it thinks is a working gyro. If it doesn't get an acceptable reading (a disabled gyro), it may be programmed to not operate at all. I'm not saying that's how it works, I'm just saying be prepared to brick your board disabling the gyro. If that's an acceptable risk, go for it.
Oct 26, 2020, 06:29 AM
The reply I made in your other post is exactly what I did with mine. I have three MCX2 boards and they all have the gyro where I described. Looks like you got a different board. It must be a solid state I.C. on yours. Mine are like the one in the pic. Sorry.
Oct 26, 2020, 03:52 PM
Slow Flight
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_o73
The reply I made in your other post is exactly what I did with mine. I have three MCX2 boards and they all have the gyro where I described. Looks like you got a different board. It must be a solid state I.C. on yours. Mine are like the one in the pic. Sorry.
Steve,
I have two bricks and since one was intalled into the plane i took the picture form the back of the other one.
My bad, because they seem to be different.

I removed the brick from the plane and i tool pictures from both side. I found a sylver plate that seems to be the gyro. Can you confirm that please.

Thanks
Alex

PD: the other brick that is still on the heli seems to have the syver cover under the servo like the picture i have seen in other threads. I will send picture as soon as i remove it.
Oct 26, 2020, 08:58 PM
Yep that's the gyro. You can pop the top off with an exacto and a little metal rod will fall out if it stays put pull it out as well and you'll be good to go. I thought it was a bit weird they'd use a solid state gyro on only one axis.
Oct 27, 2020, 01:36 PM
Slow Flight
Thread OP

Solved!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by microwhoop
Yep that's the gyro. You can pop the top off with an exacto and a little metal rod will fall out if it stays put pull it out as well and you'll be good to go. I thought it was a bit weird they'd use a solid state gyro on only one axis.
Thanks for the help , now brick is working as expected!!!!!!!!!!
Oct 27, 2020, 01:55 PM
Cool time to look at my stock of heli rubble. Might have one kicking around in the swap shop box!
Oct 27, 2020, 02:39 PM
Good to see you got it. You can use both motor outputs to drive a bigger motor, like 8.5mm coreless.
Oct 27, 2020, 03:37 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Are the motor outputs still tied to the rudder axis, making one speed up and the other slow down with said rudder/tail rotor axis input?

If so, then you may have differential thrust for yaw available.
Oct 27, 2020, 03:44 PM
Slow Flight
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Are the motor outputs still tied to the rudder axis, making one speed up and the other slow down with said rudder/tail rotor axis input?

If so, then you may have differential thrust for yaw available.
AirDOGGe,
That is a good question. How can i test that? what i did was connect motor at about 5% just to start moving it and moved the plane in all directions to see if motor increase movement of not, like in the video. But it remains the same, so i call it success.

I think what you are asking is a bit differente that may help me to have a plane with diferential thrust so i can use motors to turn. But i do not know how to test it...any advice?
I have the motors from the heli ...i can connect them but i do not know what to look for.

Thanks
Alex
Oct 27, 2020, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by herreraa
AirDOGGe,
That is a good question. How can i test that? what i did was connect motor at about 5% just to start moving it and moved the plane in all directions to see if motor increase movement of not, like in the video. But it remains the same, so i call it success.

I think what you are asking is a bit differente that may help me to have a plane with diferential thrust so i can use motors to turn. But i do not know how to test it...any advice?
I have the motors from the heli ...i can connect them but i do not know what to look for.

Thanks
Alex
Connect the two motors and then give a little throttle and move the rudder stick one motor will speed up and one will slow down.
Oct 27, 2020, 06:53 PM
Just Plane Nutts
Quote:
Originally Posted by microwhoop
Connect the two motors and then give a little throttle and move the rudder stick one motor will speed up and one will slow down.

Correct. Moving the heli around will do nothing now that the gyro sensor has been disabled.

Such a differential thrust feature can substitute for a working rudder on micro planes and eliminate the need for one servo. The Eflite Ultrix works like that.
Last edited by AirDOGGe; Oct 28, 2020 at 02:59 PM.
Oct 28, 2020, 07:13 AM
Slow Flight
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirDOGGe
Correct. Moving the heli around will do nothing now that the gyro sensor has need disabled.

Such a differential thrust feature can substitute for a working rudder on micro planes and eliminate the need for one servo. The Eflite Ultrix works like that.
So if differential thrust is still active i wont be able to use it a plane with one motor?
Oct 28, 2020, 09:52 AM
You can but I would set the rudder travel to zero so the rudder stick doesn't effect throttle

Quick Reply