Oct 25, 2020, 10:20 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Thread OP
Fly-In

JOHN MORGAN Electric Fun Fly SEPT 24-25 2021 (J-Meff)

To honor our dear friend John Morgan who passed away this year, we will be re-naming our annual electric fun fly get together in his name. John started this annual event for friends from around the country..(and world) who met here on RCG to gather for 4 or 5 days of flying..hanging out..swapping tall tales and enjoying each others friendship. We want to keep alive the traditions John started for us, so we will continue to hold the event every year in his honor...its what he'd want us to do. 2021 marks the 15th year since our first gathering in las vegas in 2006..many of us were at that event..and a few of our group have made every event since then. As of right now we plan to hold the event in St George Ut..date is still tenative but will most likely be held in late september. We will be working with the club in St George to get the details figured out...so stay tuned for more info.
Last edited by corsair nut; Apr 18, 2021 at 01:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2020, 10:27 AM
Still Screamin'!
Awesome! Blake and I should be able to make it too. I'll bring my little Starfighter but only as a show bird. She's grounded now Love that last pic of John!
Oct 25, 2020, 10:54 AM
Thread OP
That would be awesome Bob. If im not mistaken you amd blake were at the 1st event in 06 right?? Pretty sure you were
Oct 25, 2020, 11:00 AM
Classic jets rule
Cool. We need Al to let us know when it is . He is the official day counter
Oct 25, 2020, 11:21 AM
Still Screamin'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
That would be awesome Bob. If im not mistaken you amd blake were at the 1st event in 06 right?? Pretty sure you were
Yes sir! We made all the original Ace in the Hole and the ones after but can't remember what we called it?
Oct 25, 2020, 11:25 AM
Still Screamin'!
Some from the first couple events
Oct 25, 2020, 11:58 AM
Thread OP
Those shots of the f4 were from 07
Oct 25, 2020, 12:07 PM
Still Screamin'!
Yep That's why I said from the first couple The Starfighter pics are for sure from the first one.
Oct 25, 2020, 12:12 PM
Still Screamin'!
06 was the Skyray year!
Oct 25, 2020, 12:15 PM
Still Screamin'!
I have pics of the Rays too but have to search for them on this computer literally thousands of pics..
Oct 25, 2020, 12:20 PM
Foam abuser!
I'm in. The original event was called Superfly. Then the Vegas Aces took over and it was called Ace In The Hole. After several planes were lost one year to the water pump transmitter, we went to Chino Valley, AZ for one year, then moved to St George.

Pat
Oct 25, 2020, 01:12 PM
Awesome Brent thanks for starting this thread! This even is my favorite of all, now to get building!
Oct 25, 2020, 01:45 PM
Still Screamin'!
Skyray from the Original Superfly V in 2006. Man I miss John already! Going through all these old pics brings back so many memories. I'll never forget John's reaction after I flew the Micro Stinger at the Original event. He said "I have no idea how in the hell you can see that little thing, it's so fast I can barely keep up with the sound of it" LOL!!!
Oct 25, 2020, 01:53 PM
EB-66C Team Member
Great to see this event renamed to honor our dear friend.

Quick Reply