Oct 27, 2020, 09:03 AM
Dont forget the velcro straps
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvincent
Skyray from the Original Superfly V in 2006. Man I miss John already! Going through all these old pics brings back so many memories. I'll never forget John's reaction after I flew the Micro Stinger at the Original event. He said "I have no idea how in the hell you can see that little thing, it's so fast I can barely keep up with the sound of it" LOL!!!

man....I remember that first year so well!!! I was up ALL night finishing that drone f4d for you...I literally didn't sleep lololol. great memories you still have that one right? we should do a refresh on it and fly it at this years event theres astro turf to land on
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2020, 09:05 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by xplaneguy
Great to see this event renamed to honor our dear friend.
I ran it past Wade, and in my eyes....it was the only option for the events name from here on out . I'm sure a number of us will bring some of Gramps models to fly this year. im really hoping Scott and I can get the vindicator finished in time

also...I sure would love to see the whole gang back together for the 15th in 2021
Oct 27, 2020, 09:08 AM
Still Screamin'!
You know I guess it would be only fitting to fly the Starfighter at this event Even though I have said it has been permanently grounded. It really should fly at the event for John
Oct 27, 2020, 09:11 AM
Still Screamin'!
Brent I have both the EDF one and the little Hot Rod as well! Blake LOVES flying the little guy With modern packs it is stupid fast! And now that I found the trick to hand launching these its a breeze to fly.
Oct 27, 2020, 02:14 PM
i was concerned thinking about the staying ability of this event without Capt'n Morgan in attendance. But with damp eyes and a happier heart i am very glad to see J-Meff will continue.....
a fine tribute to John!!!!
Can't wait to gather again in his honor.
Oct 27, 2020, 04:58 PM
Classic jets rule
Al be sure to count us down so we know how many months we have till we go
Oct 27, 2020, 05:05 PM
Still Screamin'!
Months? Well Oct is almost over so we can't count that, Nov has Thanks giving and most have at least a week off during that week so Nov is gone, Dec has Christmas and we will all be building so fast to get ready for spring it will be a blur so it won't count, so my math says we have 8 months left to go because you can't really count Sept cause that's the event month

I bet Al's math is even better than mine
Oct 27, 2020, 05:17 PM
Capt. Z
I look forward to it. I missed the last one. I will have a new fleet for this one.

Andy
Oct 27, 2020, 05:28 PM
I just want to take a moment to thank Brent for taking the lead to get this thread started along with Wade and the Remote Possibilities crew for continuing to make this such a great event. Great job renaming the event, i cant think of a better way to honor John.
Oct 27, 2020, 07:54 PM
Thread OP
Andy..knowing your back to buildibg makes my heart happy!!!

Dont worry Al...we'll get things going in Johns name

Thanks justin hoping this year we can just rent the field and do our own thing..but ill leave that up to the group to see if we want to do a actual sanctioned event...or just rent the field and gather as friends id prefer the latter...but would love to hear everybodies thoughts.
Oct 27, 2020, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by corsair nut
Andy..knowing your back to buildibg makes my heart happy!!!

Dont worry Al...we'll get things going in Johns name

Thanks justin hoping this year we can just rent the field and do our own thing..but ill leave that up to the group to see if we want to do a actual sanctioned event...or just rent the field and gather as friends id prefer the latter...but would love to hear everybodies thoughts.
I do like the raffle and awards but honestly as long as we can get together and fly im good!
Oct 28, 2020, 12:05 AM
Onward and Upward.
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon5
I look forward to it. I missed the last one. I will have a new fleet for this one.

Andy
Ditto, I had to fly a trip to Alaska and missed the whole thing. I was planning on bringing the Hangar 9 Beaver and the Hangar 9 Tiger Moth.
Next year we'll see what evolves. Glad you're keeping it going, Brent.

Randy
Oct 28, 2020, 12:18 AM
Spad Driver
I’ll be there in 2021 and as many more that we do as long as I am able to. John will be with us in the spirit that we honor him.

Jim
Oct 28, 2020, 10:46 AM
Brent
Thanks to you and Wade for renaming the meet for John. We’re all thinking of him anyway.
Paul
Oct 28, 2020, 12:35 PM
"Al be sure to count us down so we know how many months we have till we go "

"Months? Well Oct is almost over so we can't count that, Nov has Thanks giving and most have at least a week off during that week so Nov is gone, Dec has Christmas and we will all be building so fast to get ready for spring it will be a blur so it won't count, so my math says we have 8 months left to go because you can't really count Sept cause that's the event month"

There Ya Go!!

Quick Reply