This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 23, 2020, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Elf repairs after battery failure and crash

After the 6 year old 250 mah 1S battery failure the crash broke the phenolic rudder horn and nylon stab fixture. I used thin CA and accelerator to re secure the nylon to CF boom bond. For the rudder horn I replaced it with aluminum that is bent 90 degrees for a stronger bond to the fiberglass rudder skin. I measured the music wire diameter and used some spare wire to drill a hole in the aluminum for a no slop fit. To fill the void around the rudder slot I used brown Gorilla Glue to expand and fill in the void. I have about 20 throws with no cracking or damage to the repair areas.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply