This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 23, 2020, 08:52 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Elf battery replacement

I bought my Elf from Kennedy Composites in Jan 2014 and have about 35 hours indicated on my DX9 transmitter. She has an AR400 with out the case and Dymond D47 servos for elevator and rudder. I purchased the Shread-RC 240 mah 1S voltage booster/charger.

Last week on the 5th or 6th throw she lost power to the receiver and Elf impacted the soft ground hard enough to break the CA glue bond for the plastic stab fixture. I checked battery voltage and with 2 beeps this figures out to 3.5 + .2+= 3.7. However after cycling the rudder for about 20 seconds the red power LED extinguished. So with 6 years of use I figured it was time for some preventative maintenance.

I emailed [email protected] but with no response I purchased a 300 1S lipo from Racedayquads.com . The Shread-RC 250 battery weighs 6 gm and the RDQ 300 weighs 8 gm. It is longer than the 250 but fits on the boom between the servo and the boom nose. I cut the red and black wires and soldered them together then taped the battery and booster to the boom to locate the charging prongs and canopy opening. After finding the correct position I used Shoe Goo to secure the battery and booster to the boom. I recently got about 20 throws at the park with 10-12 winds and found no change in handling or CG.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply