This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 22, 2020, 04:16 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Prime Jet Pro ( EDF'ed )

Prime jet pro EDF (3 min 24 sec)

Wow Another Vintage project ! Left in the dust by DLG !

This was my EDF'ed Prime Jet Pro , and I think this is where my 50mm EDF resides .
Seriously , so much conflicting information on CG for this plane . I started with 20mm forward of the wing spar .
And the PJP was seriously / I mean / seriously nose heavy . I needed a lot of up elevator to maintain level flight , and to land I needed all the up elevator I had available ( 50/50 on rates expo ) . I changed my elevator rates from 50% to 60% for more elevator authority because of the CG .

After moving the battery back a little it flew much better , but was still very nose heavy . ( 15mm from Spar )
Im going to need more Velcro !

2s barely does the job , throttle range was around 70% to 100% , fixing the CG might help with that ? But I do posses a 3s battery that can boost the available power .
Speaking off ! The battery was a little 800mAh 2s , which might give me 2 minutes of flight / maybe 3 if I can fly @ lower throttle .
Yeah ........ That 3s might be a better option .
It was an experiment , that was started way back in time . How long has this gathered dust ? ( Years )
Oh well , it has been maiden'ed and it does fly ( Not a crash monster )
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply