This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 20, 2020, 04:35 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

HobbyKing Micro Tundra Take 2

HobbyKing Micro Tundra ( Take 2 ) (6 min 11 sec)

Take two ! ( Or crash 4 )

Yes , I could have just edited that out ! But where is the fun in that ( For you ) .

On the roll thing , I had 8 points of offset before , for this morning I halved that to 4 points to the left ( To counter that roll to the right )
Anyways , first launch ! - My fingers got hung up on something , probably the horizontal stabiliser . Resulting in crash 4 in the Micro Tundra illustrious flying history . ( Sure am racking up those crashes hu ? ) Does that prove how sturdy the MT is or how soft and mushy the ground I fly over is ?

Never mind .. The MT needed a lot of down trim to level it out , almost all of what the trim pot had to offer . I might have to manually level that out ( Elevator )
The flaps are effective , but because of the elevator trim situation the MT became very floaty with the flaps and doing a nice low flyby was hard as it just wanted to climb , ( I will have to sort that elevator )

My CG was pretty much on the money ( 26mm from LE ) with the Zippy 350 2s and 5ch Micro Rx ..
After 5 minutes of use the zippy was reporting 30% when I got home . And that was flying with relatively low throttle averaging 50% or less .

Flying weight = 156.2 grams
At this weight the Tundra did fly slow , especially with flaps .
The model was very stable and tracked well .
I think once properly trimmed and set up , the Micro Tundra will be a great little plane .
Beginners Plane ? = Once sorted out , why not !

For your first maiden !
A) Keep your control surface throws low , maybe +- 5mm
B) Rates , set up dual or triple rates .
C) Fly over long grass or soft mushy ground
D) Try for less weight ( HK says 145 grams without battery ) , get yourself a small , really small light Rx . With this size model , less weight is good !

So finally got it in the air ! And @ 156.2g it flies really well .
Prop was a grey KingKong 6x4P , battery a Zippy 350 2s , and the Rx a micro FrSky 5ch ( That I dont see for sale anywhere at the moment )

to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply