Paritech 8.8M DG-1000 Overhaul Video

Sometimes you just need to highlight a cool video when you see one, like this huge DG-1000.

Splash

Gorgeous DG-1000 Repair and Flight

Sometimes you just need to highlight a cool video when you see one, like this huge DG-1000. The owner had been flying it for 4 years when a prop strike tore up the nose in a bad way. The only thing to do was to gut the nose and start repairs which are documented in photo form at the beginning of the video below.

Once the repairs were complete he went back to the field to re-maiden the plane. These big scale sailplanes are just so majestic in flight, I couldn't help but share this video. Well done on the repair and getting that beauty back in the air!

Oct 20, 2020, 07:02 PM
Bad command or file name
Very cool! I've got to get my Nimbus back out to Palomar...

Tom
Oct 20, 2020, 09:40 PM
Thank you Jason, I'm flattered. Working on these is also a great pleasure for me as its my passion. I've always day dreamed about airplanes and once I got introduced into the Radio Controlled environment it just evolved. I'm happy others enjoy seeing the work as I really enjoy watching others in their builds. One can't help pick up a thing or two from what others are doing. There is so much great talent out there, much better than me. I'll keep at it as we can always improve.

Cheers,
Thomas :-)
Oct 21, 2020, 12:38 PM
I'm new this year to slope soaring and scale sailplanes. I have been fortunate enough to get to know both Thomas and the owner of the sailplane in the video. True gentleman and always helpful and willing to share their knowledge.
Oct 22, 2020, 02:09 PM
Intermediate Multi
How many cells would something that big fly on?
Oct 22, 2020, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
Hi, both are flying with 12S - 8,000 mAh configured in two packs each 6S

We are going through a testing phase on motors. DG#1 has successfully flow for 4 years on the smaller F3A motor. We originally outfitted DG#2 with the same motor but had issues with both gear box braking and also one motor burnout. DG#1 now has a larger motor (longer). DG#2 to be outfitted with the same larger motor.

In the 3rd photo you can see the Motor in the front, ESC mounted to the left side of the fuse, and you can also just make out the tow release & servo. The red wire is an anti spark connector once both 6S batteries have been connected to the Dean's connectors mounted in the floor frame. Floor is not shown.

In picture #4 is from DG#2 being built and shows the older batteries which were only 7,000 mAh and much larger and heavier then the Turnigy (blue blocks) shown in picture 5.
Oct 22, 2020, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
Ops double post. :-(
Oct 23, 2020, 11:52 PM
Majestic, poetry in motion !
Oct 24, 2020, 02:24 PM
Intermediate Multi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller.SD
Hi, both are flying with 12S - 8,000 mAh configured in two packs each 6S

We are going through a testing phase on motors. DG#1 has successfully flow for 4 years on the smaller F3A motor. We originally outfitted DG#2 with the same motor but had issues with both gear box braking and also one motor burnout. DG#1 now has a larger motor (longer). DG#2 to be outfitted with the same larger motor.

In the 3rd photo you can see the Motor in the front, ESC mounted to the left side of the fuse, and you can also just make out the tow release & servo. The red wire is an anti spark connector once both 6S batteries have been connected to the Dean's connectors mounted in the floor frame. Floor is not shown.

In picture #4 is from DG#2 being built and shows the older batteries which were only 7,000 mAh and much larger and heavier then the Turnigy (blue blocks) shown in picture 5.
Thanks Moller.SD.

Quick Reply