That's some nice looking A-grain.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 28, 2020, 10:56 PM
Brian
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazmo
That's some nice looking A-grain.
It's absolutely beautiful and just holding onto this amount at once, my head is spinning along the endless amount of possibilities for future builds. I have another giant bundle in route as well, 1/8, 1/4 and 1/32 stock. I would never have even looked into going through Hobby Lobby for balsa if it was not for the shortage, this came out to be a blessing for me.
Oct 28, 2020, 11:01 PM
Brian
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by perttime
Elsewhere, the quality of balsa was discussed: getting superlight balsa isn't as easy as it used to be. Some of the top guys already had an answer to that one: superlight balsa is fragile - use heavier and stronger balsa but less of it.
I agree, and I've built using Midwest before just because it was the only thing I could afford or was around at the time years ago. It's very light, almost like working with foam, but also very weak, it's that best of both worlds in the middle, and I guess why they call it AAA grade balsa, which is used for model planes by default.
Oct 29, 2020, 06:46 AM
San Antonio TX.
Using medium density balsa, and less of it in your airframes is the correct answer.

Bob

Quick Reply