Apr 12, 2021, 12:42 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
Great. I am looking for a J10 105mm replacement mixer. Where would I look to find it?
That plane was discontinued about 3 years ago. There aren't parts available for that. Sorry.

Chris
to remove ads between posts
Apr 12, 2021, 02:25 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSDJETSUSA
That plane was discontinued about 3 years ago. There aren't parts available for that. Sorry.

Chris
Thank you.
Apr 13, 2021, 12:51 AM
Well I guess I spent too much time looking at the pro and cons of the Cessna 182.
I see the price was lowered $20 BUT there is no longer free shipping.
The shipping is $50 to NY AND the tax is estimated at 10%!!
HSD to my knowledge doesn’t stock the battery adapter even if I wanted to spend another $15.
So all in, ordering this plane would cost around $480
And I’m still not sure of the truth about the fragile propeller blades at $20
Apr 14, 2021, 04:44 PM
ICM
ICM
While personally I'd buy from HSDJETSUSA, but if you're holding back because of shipping and tax costs Bitgo Hobby has it for $399, free shipping and no tax. I assume, but don't know, they're an authorized dealer. The adapter is available at RCJETWERX, a sister company of HSDJETS USA-same owner.
Last edited by ICM; Apr 14, 2021 at 08:08 PM.
Apr 15, 2021, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie1957
Well I guess I spent too much time looking at the pro and cons of the Cessna 182.
I see the price was lowered $20 BUT there is no longer free shipping.
The shipping is $50 to NY AND the tax is estimated at 10%!!
HSD to my knowledge doesnít stock the battery adapter even if I wanted to spend another $15.
So all in, ordering this plane would cost around $480
And Iím still not sure of the truth about the fragile propeller blades at $20
Have you considered the FMS Beaver 2M - looks very nice IMO.
Apr 15, 2021, 10:10 PM
ICM
ICM
I have the FMS Beaver 2m. Very nice plane. Enjoyable, good power, looks and flies scale. Will fly inverted and do nice scale maneuvers. HSD Cessna is a touch faster and more aerobatic.
Apr 18, 2021, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
I have the FMS Beaver 2m. Very nice plane. Enjoyable, good power, looks and flies scale. Will fly inverted and do nice scale maneuvers. HSD Cessna is a touch faster and more aerobatic.
Do you also have the HSD Cessna? If you had to choose between the two, what would you pick? Which flys the slowest with flaps? Thanks.
Apr 19, 2021, 08:01 AM
ICM
ICM
I have both. You won't go wrong with either but if I had to choose, I like the the Cessna a bit more.
Its more aerobatic and I just like the looks. Both are similarly slow with flaps.
Apr 20, 2021, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
I have both. You won't go wrong with either but if I had to choose, I like the the Cessna a bit more.
Its more aerobatic and I just like the looks. Both are similarly slow with flaps.
Thanks for your response! Which, in your opinion, is the easiest to transport, i.e., disassembles the assembles the quickest?
Apr 21, 2021, 07:29 AM
AA6JB
I also have owned both models ... I sold my Beaver. Still have the HSDJets 182 ... it def assembles/disassembles faster than the Beaver did IMO.

It only takes me a minute or two to mount or remove the two wing halves. VERY well executed on this model.
Apr 21, 2021, 08:26 AM
ICM
ICM
Agree, although the difference is not significant. Cessna takes me 2-3 minutes. Beaver 4-5.
Apr 21, 2021, 10:51 AM
I can’t speak for the Beaver but I’m really loving the 182. I do flyby’s at half throttle and it looks like the full scale counterpart. With a 6000MaH battery I’m getting around 12 minutes and T & G’s are easy as is the full stop landings.

It can easily do loops, rolls and spins.

I’m planning on a repaint and am also considering it for FPV.

I did flip it over on my first landing trying to turn too fast. The two top antennae that serve as wing retaining pins broke. I’ve created a 3D file for replacement that I’ll post on Thingiverse later.

I think you’ll be happy with this one.
Apr 24, 2021, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora
I also have owned both models ... I sold my Beaver. Still have the HSDJets 182 ... it def assembles/disassembles faster than the Beaver did IMO.

It only takes me a minute or two to mount or remove the two wing halves. VERY well executed on this model.
Thanks all for your comments. Is the fit and finish quality the same for the two? Iíve seen a lot of comments that the FMS quality is second to none.
Apr 25, 2021, 12:23 PM
ICM
ICM
IMO, the fit and finish on both is very good. Stop overthinking. You're not going to find a clear winner here. I just like the looks and flight envelope of the Cessna a bit more. Pick the the one that sings to you and push the button.
Last edited by ICM; Apr 25, 2021 at 12:49 PM.
Apr 26, 2021, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
IMO, the fit and finish on both is very good. Stop overthinking. You're not going to find a clear winner here. I just like the looks and flight envelope of the Cessna a bit more. Pick the the one that sings to you and push the button.
Point well taken - thank you!

Quick Reply