Jul 03, 2021, 03:49 PM
ICM
ICM
Nobody has anything else to to say pro or con about what I think is this top tier plane?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 04, 2021, 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
Nobody has anything else to to say pro or con about what I think is this top tier plane?
Again, lack of parts on website; and, as you have mentioned:

1. No need for assembly instruction stickers on the plane. Can mar the finish upon removal; 2. No need for multiple "HSDJETS" decals which detract from the scale appearance. One would be sufficient. Mine always draws a crowd but no one reads the decals. They just ask who makes it; 3. Would prefer plastic rather than foam wheel pants.

If I could order parts directly from webpage, not have to deal with marred finish as a result of removing stickers that others have also complained about, came with plastic wheel pants, had a maximum of two HSDJETS decals, and a less expensive prop, I would order this plane. It looks beautiful, the details and LED lights are world class. Many have reported how well it flys; and, the price is very attractive IMO. Even though the FMS beaver is more expensive at $420, the reasons above make it my first choice over the HSDJETS 182.
Jul 12, 2021, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
There are no reviews for the Cessna 182 on the HSDJETS website. You might get a better reaction if you post your review on their website. Your comments here have been helpful to me.
Jul 21, 2021, 05:34 AM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ICM
Nice plane. She flies just like any Cessna 182 model but has presence due to its size. The electronics are of high quality but I wished they didn’t have the 2s battery need for the BEC. But it’s not the end of the world. My biggest issue with this plane is the unpainted foam. Up close it really looks shabby with the foam gators present. They should have painted her white. Second issue is the foam wheel pants. Wished they were plastic like the Eflite Carbon Z Cessna 150. Also the pilots are very goofy close up but I guess up in the air they look ok. Finally, spare parts and support is unpredictable since HSD USA seems to not list or inventory parts - which is strange to me. You need to call them and they might have the parts. I have had a hard time balancing the prop due to bent motor to prop shafts. For some reason none of the ones I got are true and have some kind of bend that shows up at full throttle. Still need to work on balancing.

Oh - one last thing. I removed all “HSD Jets” stickers !! It’s really messed up with a Cessna 182 plane wearing those stickers - takes away from the scale aspects IMo.
Jul 22, 2021, 11:08 AM
Bert

You get a lot for the money

I can say this beauty is much more pro than contra if it comes to quality. Yes, the strap issue could have been easily solved by adding a second strap in the factory. On my battery setup I could have used both straps. My setup is 1 x 6S 6000mah + 1 1 x 2S 5000mah. Heavy but you can get perfectly balanced and have it strapped on both ends . The antennas are fine as long as you give them a quarter turn, they won't break. So far I did not have any issues with the prop that came with the plane -tipped it with some white paint. The rods were just at length. No need to shorten them. Maybe they made some mods in the factory...
In regards parts, I had some shipping damage on an aileron - the top side of the box does not protect that much what's underneath. A simple email got me a new wing send the week after. Kudos to the HSD Jets US team.
The little pins to fix the wings can easily get lost so I hooked them up with some fishing wire. Having only a grass field I decided to spray the wheel pants to prevent them from getting dirty and the spinner got a few coats of Chrome paint. Am adding a few pictures. That's it. Hope this contributes is describing what you can expect.
Bert
Jul 23, 2021, 01:07 AM
Pigs can fly!
Ordered today from HSDJets USA as my windy day flyer for when my EDF's are grounded . Not sure what the shipping time to New Zealand will be given the disruptions due to Covid but looking forward to getting this one in the air..
Sep 13, 2021, 07:44 PM

Why no reviews for 182

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSDJETSUSA
We have found that not displaying the parts has zero effect on the sales of the planes. Currently, we are selling nearly every product faster than the factory can produce them.

Secondly, we have found that customers sometimes can order the wrong parts by mistake and often times when talking with one of our customer service reps, that doesn't happen as often.

You can always email us at [email protected] for any part needs.

Chris
Chris - why are there no reviews for the 182?
Sep 13, 2021, 08:12 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saril
Nice plane for the money. Great electronics - quality built model and scale. Read this thread and you will see.

There are a few reviews on YouTube but to be honest, I don't trust any of the recent reviewers as they are all doing it for money and therefore you never hear the truth. Forums are the best place to get to know a model. Seems like all the models reviewed by Ryan are excellent - same with the P bros and others. Its a joke.
Sep 13, 2021, 08:14 PM
Mach One
Getting ready to paint mine. Took off all the decals and she is being readied for a spray paint.
Sep 15, 2021, 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
Nice plane for the money. Great electronics - quality built model and scale. Read this thread and you will see.

There are a few reviews on YouTube but to be honest, I don't trust any of the recent reviewers as they are all doing it for money and therefore you never hear the truth. Forums are the best place to get to know a model. Seems like all the models reviewed by Ryan are excellent - same with the P bros and others. Its a joke.
Aye - I agree. At least Horizon and HobbyKing seem to have reviews from folks that actually bought the product. Were the decals hard to remove and did removing damage the foam? Thanks!
Sep 15, 2021, 04:38 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Aye - I agree. At least Horizon and HobbyKing seem to have reviews from folks that actually bought the product. Were the decals hard to remove and did removing damage the foam? Thanks!
Very easy to remove - just do it slowly.
Sep 16, 2021, 08:17 AM
AA6JB
Quote:
Review? One pilot's opinion of the product is what I say. Other pilots mileage may vary.

This one is from Model Aviation Magazine.

https://www.modelaviation.com/hsdjets-182-barnes
Sep 16, 2021, 11:24 AM
So I called HSDJETS to ask about the AS150 to EC5 Adapter. Never got to speak to anyone, get the same message, “If inquiring about items in stock, go to our website”. I go to website and no way to determine if the AS150 to EC5 Adapter is in stock. I call again, later, to try and leave a message and the mailbox is full and you are disconnected. Absolutely an epic fail!

Chris - your comment in this thread “just call customer service” is a bad solution. This experience today has removed this plane from future consideration.

ICM, you have a beautiful plane; however it is marred with the fail of spare parts availability and customer support. Try calling them today and see what I mean.
Sep 16, 2021, 12:46 PM
Mach One
Quote:
So I called HSDJETS to ask about the AS150 to EC5 Adapter. Never got to speak to anyone, get the same message, “If inquiring about items in stock, go to our website”. I go to website and no way to determine if the AS150 to EC5 Adapter is in stock. I call again, later, to try and leave a message and the mailbox is full and you are disconnected. Absolutely an epic fail!

Chris - your comment in this thread “just call customer service” is a bad solution. This experience today has removed this plane from future consideration.

ICM, you have a beautiful plane; however it is marred with the fail of spare parts availability and customer support. Try calling them today and see what I mean.
I texted them and had a decent response rate. Your comment about spare parts is very true and the folks on this thread and other threads for HSD products have advised HSDUSA as such but their response is to call them and that its too complicated for a small team to keep an inventory online. Unfortunately I have also tried to find spare parts for my current HSD fleet (Viper 90, Super Viper 105, Viper 75, J10 and this Cessna) and have had no luck with parts. So I ended up improvising and making my own parts - some cases better than OEM

Making adaptors is pretty simple if you know how to solder and many places carry them. I just cut my stock ones off and re-soldered XT-150 bullets since all my 6s batteries are XT-150s.
Sep 16, 2021, 01:12 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Not sure what number you called but I just called the CS line and it went through. They weren't aware of any VM issues and I didn't see any either.

Anyway, the adapter is in stock. https://hsdjetsusa.com/as150-to-ec5-adapter

It won't let you put in the cart if it's OOS.

Quick Reply