Oct 16, 2020, 01:33 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Thank you Jason for sending the message

Regarding

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...l#post45662159

It's about time someone finally is standing up to what has become a hell of a problem on RCG. That being the incessant racist posts that are becoming more and more frequent on this web site.

Good job, Jason!!!
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2020, 01:15 PM
Flower of Scotland
Indeed!

I had reported post #55 in that thread for racism because it describes someone as "Homeboy", but no action was taken, which deterred me from also reporting post #88.

So thanks also to Yoda for reporting it, and appealing it when it was not warned either.

I look forward to terms such as "Homeboy" and "Homeys" becoming as socially unacceptable as the N word now is.
Last edited by Dusty1000; Oct 25, 2020 at 01:22 PM.
Oct 25, 2020, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000
Indeed!

I had reported post #55 in that thread for racism because it describes someone as "Homeboy", but no action was taken, which deterred me from also reporting post #88.

So thanks also to Yoda for reporting it, and appealing it when it was not warned either.

I look forward to terms such as "Homeboy" and "Homeys" becoming as socially unacceptable as the N word now is.
As should hood rat, as well as “mock Ebonics”, which also happens here with impunity. I read someone describe mock Ebonics as the verbal equivalent of blackface and I think that is spot on. It is an exaggerated and stereotype mocking of a specific racial group. If that does not violate the RCG rule on racism I don’t know what does. I have reported it before as have others and it gets a pass. I think there is at least one moderator here with a race issue.
Oct 25, 2020, 05:54 PM
Thread OP
Since Jason brought the hammer down, there has been a NOTICEABLE difference in the posts of at least one member who interjects "ebonics" into a sizeable percentage of his posts.

Eyes are watching now.

Thanks again, Jason.

Quick Reply