Spektrum NX Family of DSMX Aircraft Transmitters

Spektrum is proud to introduce the latest leap forward in Spektrum RC technology — the NX Series of aircraft transmitters. The NX6, NX8 and NX10 equipped not only with the greatest Spektrum RC flight innovations up to now, but also, with new features and advances that will take you into the next generation of radio control.

Splash

Spektrum NX DSMX Aircraft Transmitters

From Horizon

With the Spektrum™ NX series, you’ll enjoy the 6-channel, 8-channel or 10-channel versatility needed to operate your models to their fullest potential and to fly complex aircraft such from EDF’s to giant scale balsa airplanes. And that’s just where its next generation “NX” series advantages begin. The NX transmitters also incorporates many of the latest exclusive Spektrum™ innovations for a level of ease, efficiency and performance you’ll find in no other transmitter.

Out of the box, they are compatible with Smart Technology. It comes ready to support your Spektrum™ Smart batteries and Smart Avian™ ESCs so you can receive essential telemetry data right at your fingertips in real time. The radio’s Wi-Fi connectivity adds even more convenience. In addition to completing product registration straight from the transmitter, you’ll be able to download firmware updates instantly. It’s a totally modern user experience.

Spektrum NX Family of DSMX Aircraft Transmitters (4 min 54 sec)

More proven Spektrum™ radio expertise can be found in the transmitter’s ergonomic design. The contours, balance, and control positions combine to increase the accuracy of your inputs and provide unparalleled comfort. An easy-to-use roller wheel interface and easy-to-read menus simplify programming. The large 3.2” color display also presents telemetry information in crisp, clear, high-resolution detail, and lets you choose from multiple color palettes — or create your own. Even a long-lasting, rechargeable 1S 2000mAh Li-Ion transmitter battery and USB cable for convenient USB charging are included in the NX6 and NX8. The NX10 transmitter includes a 6000mAh 1S Lithium Ion battery, enough power to keep you flying all day.

With 250 model memory, model programming templates, programmable voice alerts, wireless trainer system functionality and more, the NX series puts a wide array of control innovations and advantages into the palms of your hands. Fly your aircraft with next-generation performance — choose NX transmitter from Spektrum.

SMART TECHNOLOGY

The Spektrum NX transmitters comes ready to provide the advantages of state-of-the-art connectivity right out of the box by supporting the innovative, all-in-one telemetry of Spektrum Smart batteries, ESCs and receivers. Smart Technology ensures that all of your model's electronics work together seamlessly for the greatest efficiency and performance. It keeps you aware of every component's status, boosts your confidence in its capabilities, and makes your entire system more responsive and simpler to use.

WI-FI AND USB CONNECTIVITY

When connected to Wi-Fi, the NX transmitters gets even smarter. You can complete product registration right from the transmitter and download firmware updates instantly. A micro USB port allows you to charge the internal Li-Ion battery with an ordinary USB-to-Micro USB cable. It can also be used to recognize accessory devices and provide a convenient link to your PC or laptop. Connect the transmitter to your computer and you can control most simulators, including the RealFlight® RC Flight Simulator.

LARGE 3.2” COLOR DISPLAY

Navigating menus and viewing telemetry data is made easy by the transmitter’s large, 3.2” backlit color display that delivers information in crisp, 320x240 resolution detail. The display screen also allows you to choose from multiple color palettes or create your own.

ERGONOMIC DESIGN

The NX10 transmitter’s Hall-effect sensor gimbals offer long-lasting precision with an ultra-smooth feel that's conveniently adjustable from the front of the transmitter. Weight distribution and switch placement have been optimized for comfort and precise, fatigue-free control. Rubber grips make it easy to hold the radio securely. Its antenna folds conveniently to the front for compact storage and transport. It also helps to prevent accidental powering on by partially blocking the power button.

Learn More About NX TX

Click here to see all the radios, info and pricing!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Oct 15, 2020 at 09:35 AM..
Oct 15, 2020, 09:40 AM
Dash till Puff
I wonder why the HH marketing department has decided to release all the 3 at the same time.... just like Jumper did with their T18 series.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=120
Oct 15, 2020, 10:05 AM
Is there a feature comparison chart available? I didn’t find one on the Spektrum or the Horizon Hobby website.
Oct 15, 2020, 10:14 AM
Intermediate Multi
I wouldn't mind seeing the Hall-effect sensor gimbals incorporated into the NX6 as well, or perhaps available separately as an upgrade.
Oct 15, 2020, 10:27 AM
I like these new radios, they don’t look much different from my dx18.
Oct 15, 2020, 10:28 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietfly
I like these new radios, they don’t look much different from my dx18.
Think DX8/DX9 style cases, much smaller than the DX18 and without the side sliders (NX10 has DX9 style rear sliders)
Oct 15, 2020, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveGell
Is there a feature comparison chart available? I didn’t find one on the Spektrum or the Horizon Hobby website.
Yes, there is one.
Oct 15, 2020, 11:51 AM
Mineral, VA
Just preordered the NX10...it's time to retire my old Black DX9. I'm still optimistic that there will be a new "middle of the road" release radio in the future for those that didn't like the slow iX12 or the pricy iX20.
Oct 15, 2020, 12:01 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrutter1
Just preordered the NX10...it's time to retire my old Black DX9. I'm still optimistic that there will be a new "middle of the road" release radio in the future for those that didn't like the slow iX12 or the pricy iX20.
I'm expecting an iX12G2 at some point now that the NX series has launched, otherwise the iX12 is left out as the last G2 radio in the mid-range and that makes no sense.
Oct 15, 2020, 12:06 PM
No, the DX6e and DX8e are still G2 and still available.

Andy
Oct 15, 2020, 12:07 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
No, the DX6e and DX8e are still G2 and still available.

Andy
Andy, that's why I specified Mid-range. The DX6e/8e are low-end models that slot in below the NX series in your line, the iX12 is slotted above the NX10 and is now bounded by G3 TX's both above & below.
Oct 15, 2020, 12:15 PM
I'd consider the DX8e a mid-range based on channel count/functionality. If a customer doesn't want sound or wired trainer, it's got the exact same feature set as a DX8G2 - a definite mid-range radio.

The DX6e and DX6 are undoubtedly lower on the range. Personally I think there are markets for both DX and NX radios based on features, but too many options within a brand causes consumer confusion.

I have an NX10, and I expect to be using it as a replacement for my DX18G2. The only thing I'll really miss is the slider position/feel. It'll take time for me to move my models over, as I'll probably do that model-by-model when I take it out to fly. Those models where I use the sliders will stay on the 18.

Andy
Oct 15, 2020, 12:24 PM
Sagitta Fanboy
The DX8e is decidedly cheaper than the NX6, and the same price as the DX6G3, so I view it as the top of the low end rather than a mid-range TX (which for me really would be the NX8/DX8G2 through the iX12)
Oct 15, 2020, 12:26 PM
Fully Sending It
These look great, definitely interested in the NX10! And the new receivers look solid too!
Oct 15, 2020, 12:43 PM
Yep 8 channels. All we need now is capacity telemetry from.the avian esc's and I might consider buying a spectrum radio

Quick Reply