Oct 15, 2020, 01:07 AM
Racer && Reviews in LT
Thread OP
New Product

SKYZONE SKY04X OLED 5.8GHz 48CH Diversity Receiver 1280X960 FPV Goggles

SKYZONE SKY04X OLED 5.8GHz 48CH Diversity Receiver 1280X960 FPV Goggles Support DVR With Head Tracker Fan For RC Racing Drone

Available at BangGood after Nov 5

The SKY04X is First skyzone goggle with focus adjustment,the 1280*960 high resolution screen have vivid color and high contrast ration,pilot can see more details in the racing.

With diversity receiver, the receiver merge two signal to one,avoid image tearing and rolling, make image more stable and clear in challenging condition.

The new designed optics have focus adjustment feature and 46 degree Field of view, gives pilots more immersive FPV experience.

The new OS with 10 languages to set select, pilot have no trouble with the menu system, with shuttle wheel and new user interface, pilot can set all the setting just by rolling the wheel without take off the goggles.

Description:

Brand: SKYZONE
Model: SKY04X
Item: 5.8GHz 48CH diversity Receiver 1280X960 FPV Goggles
Screen: OLED
Resolution: 1280X960
FOV (Diagonal): 46°
AspectRatio: 4:3/16:9
Focus: 0~-6 adjustable
Interpupillary distance(IPD): 58-71mm
Receiver: 5.8Ghz 48CH diversity Receiver
Language: 10 Language
Power Supply: DC6.5-25.2V/USB5V
PowerConsumption: 720mAat12V
DVR: H264,30fps,MOV6Mbps,SD Card support up to128Gb
Head Tracker: 3-axis Accelerometer, 3-axisgyroscope
Dimentions: 185*75*67mm
Weight: 267g

BAND/CHANNEL table:

Band/CH
CH1 CH2 CH3 CH4 CH5 CH6 CH7 CH8

A 5865M 5845M 5825M 5805M 5785M 5765M 5745M 5725M
B 5733M 5752M 5771M 5790M 5809M 5828M 5847M 5866M
E 5705M 5685M 5665M 5645M 5885M 5905M 5925M 5945M
F 5740M 5760M 5780M 5800M 5820M 5840M 5860M 5880M
R 5658M 5695M 5732M 5769M 5806M 5843M 5880M 5917M
L 5362M 5399M 5436M 5473M 5510M 5547M 5584M 5621M
Sensitivity -98dBm±1dBm

Antenna Port 2 X SMA-K,50ohm

SKY04X FPV GOGGLE USER MANUAL: Click here

Package Included:

1x Goggles
1x Receiver Module
2x Faceplate (wide and narrow)
1x Sponge with velcr0
1x Zipper case
1x Power cable
1x Headtracker cable
2x 5.8GHz 2dD antennas
1x Video/Audio Cable
1x USB-C Cable
1x Uer Manual

Available at https://www.banggood.com/SKYZONE-SKY04X-p-1755006.html after Nov 5 - referal link.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2020, 01:11 AM
Racer && Reviews in LT
Thread OP
reserved for table content

P.S. like the wheels
Oct 21, 2020, 01:25 AM
Nice Goggle ! Got a 5% discount for the goggle, code is RCG04X. You can order from https://arrishobby.com/products/skyz...riantsId=14287
Last edited by myrcmodel; May 05, 2022 at 10:49 PM.
Nov 09, 2020, 02:54 PM
Newsworthy
I've had these for a week now and I have to say the scrollwheels are (kisses fingers) magnificent. Putting back on my Sky03o's nearly gave me an aneurism trying to remember which buttons were which.

Sky04X Advantages
  • Bigger screens / FOV. The difference isn't just noticeable, it is like oh wow these are HUGE. I never found the screens in the 03o to be too small but this is a very big step up, feeling like you're twice as close to the screens.
  • Modular bay to swap out the receivers. The reception in the included SteadyView / RapidMix module is, ech alright, so I can see people wanting to swap it for a Rapidfire. I'll also list this as a disadvantage. The module holes are small and I can't fit my PRO58 in them even after cutting the circuit board to make it in the opening. The SteadyView module lists itself as V1.2 on the PCB where RapidMix are V1.1 so they're not exactly identical to the Eachine.
  • Quadversity! This might be a better feature if the receiver modules were better, but I am certainly not going to drop $80 on another lackluster module.
  • The scrollwheel get a double mention. It is so much easier to navigate the menus / DVR replay with the wheels instead of the buttons.

Wow that's all the advantages I can think of? Geez you'd expect more for $100 more than a SKY03o

Sky03o Advantages
  • Weigh 15% less
  • Cost 20% less
  • Use 10-15% less power
  • Don't suddenly turn themselves off with no warning. This has happened 3 tines now on the 04X and I know it _can_ beep to warn you, it just has only done that once and prefers to just turn off. I switched from a 2S to 3S 18650 because of this, since there seems to be a limit around 6.5-6.7V where it just will turn off (with voltmeter calibrated).
  • The lenses are big enough to see the whole screens. The 04X lenses are slightly too small so I always have the corners of the screen cut off. The only way around this is to use them without the foam which is uncomfortable as heck so I just gotta live with picking which part of the screen I want to see per-eye.
  • The screens seem to have a greater dynamic range. I never messed with the image settings on the 03o since it looked good right out of the box, but the 04X screens have a tendency to blow out brighter areas into just white blobs and I've spent a ton of time in the menus messing with brightness, contrast and OLED luminance trying to bring out the detail without losing all the detail in the shadows.
  • The buttons are actually labeled. Not sure why Skyzone said "eh, two buttons two wheels, you flippin' figure it out" but they opted to put it in the 04X manual instead of on the goggles.
  • Has a camera. I mean who wouldn't want a camera versus no camera? I only turn this on by mistake. I've tried walking 10ft with the camera a few times instead of raising my goggle and I did not feel like it was the safest way to navigate.

Overall I'd say the reception is maybe slightly better with the SteadyView than the 03o, at least when it comes to sensitivity. The 04X seem to flash brightly more than the mild breakup I'd get on the 03o, but the 04X gets wicked dark at the fringes of reception instead of the regular breakup I am used to.

Are the 04X an upgrade over 03o? I have a hard time justifying their price over the 03o. They're a better goggle than an HDO2 at the same price I'd say, with better DVR and a less green-tinted display. Skyzone support is via China though so if you ever need something fixed, expect to wait a couple of months longer than Fatshark's warranty service. How about this? The SKY03o is the best value you can get for your goggledollar, with the SKY04X having a couple advantages for a 25% more money.
Last edited by CapnBry; Nov 09, 2020 at 03:04 PM.
Nov 10, 2020, 03:00 AM
Thank you! This is very helpful!
I will probably look for something else.
Nov 15, 2020, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnBry View Post
[*] Modular bay to swap out the receivers. The reception in the included SteadyView / RapidMix module is, ech alright, so I can see people wanting to swap it for a Rapidfire. I'll also list this as a disadvantage. The module holes are small and I can't fit my PRO58 in them even after cutting the circuit board to make it in the opening. The SteadyView module lists itself as V1.2 on the PCB where RapidMix are V1.1 so they're not exactly identical to the Eachine.
thanks for adv. description, I also got some pro58 rec. - so really there is no chance to cut/dremel modulebay+module itself to make them work?
Nov 15, 2020, 04:54 PM

Question for CapnBry

CapnBry, since you own both the Sky 04X and Sky 030 can you tell me whether there is a noticeable difference in resolution between the 030's 1024x768 and the 04X's 1280x960 screens. I've had my 030's for less than a year and am very happy with them but am wondering if I should consider upgrading, or if being analog, there's not much (if any) improvement. I plan on adding Sharkbyte once they are more proven.Thanks in advance.
Nov 16, 2020, 12:34 AM
Maximum analog resolution is 720x576. How it can be a chance of any improvement?
Nov 16, 2020, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketMouse View Post
Maximum analog resolution is 720x576. How it can be a chance of any improvement?
Yes, RocketMouse, that is the generally accepted "fact", but have you ever compared the resolution between say , a 700 tvl camera and a 1000 or 1200 tvl camera in your goggles? I was shocked when I bought a cheapie $10.00 1000 tvl camera from BG and found the picture to be much sharper than in my much more expensive 700 tvl cameras, although all of it's other parameters sucked. Also, the screens in my Sky 030's have a noticeably sharper picture than in my other goggles. I don't know why this is so, but I know what I see! (And yes: my cameras are optimally focused).
Nov 16, 2020, 05:59 AM
You may probably get better quality picture from a camera, but not from goggles. Not to mention that sharpness doesn't mean more detailed picture. It just makes your brain to think so )))
Nov 16, 2020, 08:04 AM
Newsworthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamienczak View Post
thanks for adv. description, I also got some pro58 rec. - so really there is no chance to cut/dremel modulebay+module itself to make them work?
You might be able to cut a hole in the module bay to make it fit in, but you'll definitely lose the ability to use the jog wheel. You can see in my photo how much I've had to shave down the sides and it just just barely fits into the hole, and I realize I've broken my jog wheel trying make it fit earlier . Unlike Fatshark modules in which the module protrudes out on the connector end, these bays are fully integrated into the goggle body so the modules have to fit entirely inside the goggle case. You definitely can use "stacking module" type headers to reach down into the socket, but this is so flimsy that it won't even hold up an antenna so you'd need to just make a 3D printed insert that somehow secures the PRO58 to the module bay.

I've taken a look at how the socket works as well. The 3 fatshark button pins become a bus, with at least a clock and data pin. I don't know if there is any data going back from the module to the goggles, with the RSSI being an analog signal. It might be coming directly from the receiver modules. The pinout is 5V, RSSI1, GND, RSSI2 (?), Audio, Bus, Bus, Bus. Not entirely sure if the RSSI is split or if the module cycles between them or something on one pin. It would be cool if the WPRO58 source code could be modified to do channel changes over the bus, but I'm not sure the RSSI could be connected due to the VRX modules being so hard to get to to solder. It would be great to have an inexpensive module that could be used to do quadversity without buying the $80 RapidMix/SteadyView module. It 100% for sure does some sort of sync reconstruction, I can see it on the oscilloscope, but I'm not sure the actual benefit is worth more than 3x the cost of a PRO58.

Quote:
CapnBry, since you own both the Sky 04X and Sky 030 can you tell me whether there is a noticeable difference in resolution between the 030's 1024x768 and the 04X's 1280x960 screens.
I've been switching off using both goggles for the past week, and the #1 thing you notice when going from the 03o to the 04X is just how giant the image is. It is like looking at a 55" TV from 6ft away versus 2ft away. I have to really get the 04X in just the right place on my face to see 95% of the screens. The next thing I notice is a very slight aliasing (jaggyness) in the image in the 04X. If the images were the same physical size in my eyeballs I would probably have a hard time telling one which one had higher resolution. I can definitely resolve more detail in the 04X on the bench, but I would attribute that entirely to the larger FOV. So I wouldn't say the higher resolution makes that much of a difference, but I bet if the 03o screens were blown up to be this large in my FOV I'd probably complain that the resolution wasn't high enough. I hope that makes sense-- pixel to eye resolution stays the same despite the increased screen resolution, but now the image takes up so much more of your eye that you can resolve more detail. Note that this has *not* made me a better pilot.

I do really like the 04X and I am 80% sure this is going to be my main goggle despite the higher weight and lower battery life. You just can't beat how great the 03o are for just throwing on and going (thanks to what feels like larger optics due to smaller screens). The 03o are an amazing goggle at a good price, and have seen them going for under $300 used which is what I'd recommend to someone looking for a top tier goggle at a mid tier price. I'd take the 04X over HDO2s for sure though because I think the optics are slightly better, the screens have nicer color, the DVR is hands down better, and the scrollwheels interface is so good you barely have to think to use it.
Nov 16, 2020, 10:47 AM
Got mine last week, really like the interface (wheels).....I HATED the 03O's multi use buttons, but them on ebay. I have the HDO2's too, not sure yet which I perfer.
Nov 16, 2020, 11:45 AM
[QUOTE
I've been switching off using both goggles for the past week, and the #1 thing you notice when going from the 03o to the 04X is just how giant the image is. It is like looking at a 55" TV from 6ft away versus 2ft away. I have to really get the 04X in just the right place on my face to see 95% of the screens. The next thing I notice is a very slight aliasing (jaggyness) in the image in the 04X. If the images were the same physical size in my eyeballs I would probably have a hard time telling one which one had higher resolution. I can definitely resolve more detail in the 04X on the bench, but I would attribute that entirely to the larger FOV. So I wouldn't say the higher resolution makes that much of a difference, but I bet if the 03o screens were blown up to be this large in my FOV I'd probably complain that the resolution wasn't high enough. I hope that makes sense-- pixel to eye resolution stays the same despite the increased screen resolution, but now the image takes up so much more of your eye that you can resolve more detail. Note that this has *not* made me a better pilot.

I do really like the 04X and I am 80% sure this is going to be my main goggle despite the higher weight and lower battery life. You just can't beat how great the 03o are for just throwing on and going (thanks to what feels like larger optics due to smaller screens). The 03o are an amazing goggle at a good price, and have seen them going for under $300 used which is what I'd recommend to someone looking for a top tier goggle at a mid tier price. I'd take the 04X over HDO2s for sure though because I think the optics are slightly better, the screens have nicer color, the DVR is hands down better, and the scrollwheels interface is so good you barely have to think to use it.[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your answer: it does make sense. I noticed the exact thing that you explained when I took the fresnel lens out of my Skyzone SJ-v01 goggles because the fov was actually too large, forcing me to move my eyes around too much to see my osd info. on the edges of the screen. So I guess that I'll be sticking with my 030's. Thanks again.
Nov 17, 2020, 01:49 PM
Strange, can't seem to select SD card format....
Nov 18, 2020, 09:46 PM
Thanks for sharing the information @CapnBry

I have one on pre-order... yet to get any updates.

I was planning to use the TBS Fusion, but looks like it's got the same issue (too wide)...
Where can I purchase the module pin stack? or did you make it yourself?

Alternative is to get the external module bay for the Sky03 and use that... kind of defeats the purpose of the module bay... :-(

Quick Reply