Oct 15, 2020, 12:57 AM
Grumpa Tom
Thread OP
New Product

Spektrum NX Transmitters

I like the looks and spec's of this new Tx.

Spektrum NX Family of DSMX Aircraft Transmitters (4 min 54 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2020, 05:14 AM
Taranis Tyro...
So I guess these will replace the DX6/8/9 TXs in the range? They seem to be specced that way, with the addition of colour screen, wifi connectivity for updates plus the new Smart telemetry stuff.
Last edited by MattyB; Oct 15, 2020 at 06:43 AM.
Oct 15, 2020, 05:35 AM
Suspended Account
just as expected, a color screen without Android

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5&postcount=17
Oct 15, 2020, 06:54 AM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Wow!

The NX10 looks great to replace my DX9. I hope there is a way to transfer models from the DX9’s SD card.
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Oct 15, 2020, 06:59 AM
Yes, you just do it the same as you would now - put the file(s) onto a Micro SD card and do the same Import as always.

OR you can put them on your PC (not a bad idea for making backups) from the DX9, and then use the USB interface to put them onto the internal SD card in the transmitter and import from there.

Andy
Oct 15, 2020, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz
Yes, you just do it the same as you would now - put the file(s) onto a Micro SD card and do the same Import as always.

OR you can put them on your PC (not a bad idea for making backups) from the DX9, and then use the USB interface to put them onto the internal SD card in the transmitter and import from there.

Andy
Very nice!

Thanks Andy.
Oct 15, 2020, 07:24 AM
Andy,

Do these NX transmitters have diversity antennas? I am very interested in the NX10 specifically.

Thanks,
Denny
Oct 15, 2020, 07:40 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Sumner
Andy,

Do these NX transmitters have diversity antennas? I am very interested in the NX10 specifically.

Thanks,
Denny
I would expect they do.
Oct 15, 2020, 07:57 AM
Suspended Account
the man with brown sweatshirt from the HH video is a ( ... ) person but he said they are looking into supporting the IRC Ghost module apart from TBS Crossfire.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...g-range-system
Last edited by coreless; Oct 15, 2020 at 10:00 AM. Reason: reported by the site sponsor and I removed the negative word
Oct 15, 2020, 08:52 AM
Sagitta Fanboy
Looking at these new TX's and I'll most likely get an NX10 to go with my iX12.

They get most of the best of the iX series and DX series into one, plus adds the G3 CP from the iX20.

A couple comments:

1. MicroUSB - I always give a ding to anything new using MicroUSB over the more robust USB-C connector these days unless very size limited (the 10ch RX's don't really have the space for the larger USB-C jack). Yes, you can use the better connector without more expensive hardware behind it and still meet spec. MicroUSB is smaller, but it's less robust and not reversible. USB-C is by no means perfect, but it is better than Micro-USB. The good news is 1 cable covers the iX radios, NX radios and the 10ch receivers that are yet to come. And you already own that cable unless you're 100% Apple (and even then you probably have one)

2. Very slick folding antenna. Makes packing easier. Spektrum should have some optional or included gimbal protectors to go with it (at least throw something up on Thingiverse like you did with the Crossfire mounts)

3. Card/battery/charge is compatible with the iX20 and iX12 (except the 12 takes full SD, one card adapter is all that's needed). NB: iX series support USB OTG, so they can mount the NX series radios as USB drives with the right cable setup. Note the iX20 battery should be a drop-in upgrade for the NX series, same as for the iX12. They come with the iX12 battery but battery life should be better as they don't have to run the Android bits.

4. Serial port supports SRXL2 (woot!). Hope this comes quickly for the iX series as well as it provides the potential for a generic module interface that translates between SRXL2 and other module specs as well as all sorts of things that can be put on the SRXL2 bus.

5. Voice is a big question mark, very little in the manual. I'm hoping that custom voice is significantly more flexible than the DX series (ideally playing arbitrary sound files off the internal storage). Not expecting text to speech at this level, that's an iX feature.

6. No BT audio. That's unfortunate but not a show stopper. Again, the iX provides and these are (mostly) below the iX series (the NX10 is more capable overall than the iX12 due to the G3 CP, but the iX12 does get the more flexible UI bits like text to speech).

7. People are going to complain about the small, low-res screen (smaller than and decidedly lower resolution than the common 640x480 screens that are features on most of the newer inexpensive colour display radios). Display looks fully readable in sunlight which makes up for a LOT (My Horus is acceptable but not good for brightness in sunlight, the video makes these look better in terms of readability even if the screen is not as pretty. The Horus has one of the best colour screens out there for radios, bested only by the iX20 and Jeti colour screens)
Last edited by mawz; Oct 15, 2020 at 09:15 AM.
Oct 15, 2020, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Andy,

Thanks,
Denny
Im interested in that too. The Hall-effect sensor gimbals from the NX10 are a big plus for me.
Oct 15, 2020, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Andy,

Thanks,
Denny
Yes, and it's more smartly located, as in the IX20 - behind the badge. Between that and the adjustable top antenna, it will give great coverage now matter how you hold your transmitter.

Andy
Oct 15, 2020, 09:16 AM
I will add the NX10 to my line up. I suspect that I will keep just this radio and my ix12. I will say that they should offer an option for upgrading the ix12 to hall effect gimbals.
Oct 15, 2020, 09:31 AM
Mine's on order!
Oct 15, 2020, 09:53 AM
Trivial I know, but can I put pictures of my own models on the screen of the NX transmitters as I can with opentx, or is that kept back for a future upgrade?

Quick Reply