Oct 14, 2020, 03:42 PM
Me and a guy with a mustache
Thread OP
Discussion

XT60 Panel Mounts

I posted this on the DIY Electronics forum but thought it might be more useful here in the boat area.

I needed a panel mount for a female XT60 electrical connector for a project and couldn't find one on-line that suited me so I came up with these. They're designed to fit the connectors made by Amass. There are different versions of the XT60 so I also made one for another style I had laying around the house.
The connectors are a press fit into the mounts and are pretty secure. I'll probably come up with other mounts that will accommodate more than one connector. Most likely I'll do one for the XT90 too.

These were 3D printed using PETG and are very durable. Countersunk M3 screws are used to install them. I'm thinking about uploading the design into Thingiverse and/or printing a bunch out in different colors and offering them for sale on eBay.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 12, 2020, 01:28 AM
Hi Babbel, good one.

It bears a striking resemblance to a jig I cobbled up to hold the XT-60 while soldering the wires on. Advertise yours as a soldering jig as well.

Cheers,

Terry
Nov 18, 2020, 10:57 PM
Me and a guy with a mustache
Thread OP
It might take a while before I can get the .stl's up on Thingiverse so here they are, both male and female mounts. These are for the current AMASS XT60's.

Quick Reply