Oct 13, 2020, 05:27 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
Discussion

Challenges with Dubro Balancers & a Fix

Hi All
Boring subject and maybe its just me but I find as you go up in size in rc, most of the common tools are useless.
My trusty Dubro spinner balancer is great but not for large spinners !
This is simple trusty mod that allows you to increase the spinner size and accurately balance a spinner.

I also have used a 2 by 4 piece of wood with the Dubro balancer legs removed from the stand and inserted into the 2 by 4 and a long push rod for the 5 and larger spinners.

The mods is for smaller spinners are seen in the pics .
Modding parts needed :
You need some cheap white plastic tubes, different sizes.
Cheap tape that you wrap around the tubes to fit your drilled motor shaft hole for a precise fit.
Simple clear push rod piece about 1
A simple spring
Two fuel tube pieces to lock in the assembly of the spring to the tube ect( see pic )
Steps
Cut your white tubes, usually 1/2 to 3/4 is long enough.
Add tape to your tube if needed to have a very tight fit inside the spinner wheel.
Make sure you have drilled your spinner prop shaft hole before you balance as the hole ( even if slightly off ) can alter balance .
After you insert the tube inside the hole , now the Dubro cones can lock in tight to hold the back plate.
Lock in your assembly as seen in the pic .
Why did I add the clear push rod, to add in the smooth touch points on the balancer.
This allows you to easily and with accuracy balance props with wide holes very prevalent on electric powered models.
If there is interest in 5 and larger spinners , let me know and i will post my process.
Please remember , I am not an expert at anything and this is about how I execute the balancing, anyone can add to this thread , change, suggest , modify, you wont hurt my feelings lol
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2020, 09:27 PM
I'm missing something. Can't you just reverse one of the cones and have it clamp the spinner onto the taper of the other?
Oct 18, 2020, 09:35 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
Thread OP
No ,good question and your thinking but when your prop shaft increase with larger motor the small cones when reversed will not hold the backplate.

Quick Reply