Aug 15, 2019, 10:13 PM
For us He died, in me He lives
GPW!!! Sure missed seeing this thread active. Glad to see it's still going. I am finally getting back to flying. Could stay away no longer. I only have a few of my old builds but one of them is my 80% BA from i think 3mm depron that I used to fly with an 1811 2000 kv 10g motor. That thing weighed like nothing and floated wonderfully with none of the nasty scale effect twitchiness of typical little planes. I'll get pics once I get him back in the air. Got to try and find a good working motor in the old stash. still want to build another biggun. I actually still have some foam left this cool FB from down on the bayou sent me a long time ago.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 16, 2019, 06:34 AM
gpw
gpw
“There’s no place like Foam”
Thread OP
JJ Glad to see you back !!! … As we found out , you can only stay away so long ….
Latest blog entry: Lost plans
Aug 16, 2019, 11:32 PM
flyin' fool
Is he back at it or just came up for air????
Aug 17, 2019, 05:45 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
“ a pair of silly wings “ …. hahahahahaha
Aug 17, 2019, 08:17 AM
LOL!!! Totally my wife back in the day. Crazy thing is probably one of the first foamies I’ll be building won’t even have a motor. I developed a taste for dlg’s over the last couple years looking at other things. Love tossing gliders now. Frank, I wish I had places to slope like your flying areas. It’s pretty flat over here.
Aug 20, 2019, 01:47 PM
flyin' fool
You don't need much to slope. Here's an example from last Friday ………………...
Aug 20, 2019, 01:54 PM
flyin' fool
One of our best spots was off an old unused railroad line. It was raised about 50 feet above a flat field next to it and we could speck out there on a good day.
Aug 20, 2019, 03:04 PM
flyin' fool
Or, make you own slope ……………….

Car-slope soaring / Hangfliegen überm Auto (2 min 8 sec)
Aug 20, 2019, 04:11 PM
Oh my gosh that’s hilarious!!! It’s like a giant walk-along glider. Er.... a drive-along glider.

Those other pics are exactly what I am looking for. So yeah I suppose I can actually find that hear up in Michigan if I look hard enough. I am actually only walking distance from Lake St. Clair and I know there are places like that that should generate a breeze.
Something about flying a ton and not having a motor sucking the battery down in a couple minutes just appeals to me. I have my little Whip-it I’ve had 2 years and honestly have only had to charge that 150 1s maybe 5 times. And that only from sitting in between flying spurts. I’ve never run the battery down in one session. But I also don’t have much time to fly and rarely fly more than a half hour at a time.
Aug 20, 2019, 06:52 PM
flyin' fool
Check out the Pibros ...............….
pibros by Crazy Horst.. (7 min 39 sec)

Hope Glen doesn't mind us getting off topic.
Aug 20, 2019, 07:07 PM
That’s real cool actually and it has the plans... oh yeah.
You know, if ten years ago someone would have told me I would be highjacking Glen’s BA thread with stuff about non motor gliders I would said you are out of our flipping mind!!! Lol but here I am...

Ok so real quick... and last one from me... 2 vids from John Woodfield RC Gliders...

Here’s a great one I think you’d enjoy... good little high blood pressure ship.
CeePee Maiden flight. (2 min 22 sec)

And when it’s time to relax and lower the blood pressure...

Old Timer gliding (re-uploaded) (3 min 40 sec)

Ok now I’m done. Please forgive me GPW!!!

Ps... my gosh GG that Pibros is awesome!!!!! Yeah I’ll be building that guy.
Last edited by Jimmy JFlyer; Aug 20, 2019 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Finally watched all the Pibros vid
Aug 20, 2019, 11:33 PM
flyin' fool
Here's one that flies great and you can build it in one hour. I've have one, so can recommend.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...m-Build-Thread

Maybe we should start a new thread ..................… 'slope trash for foam scratchbuilders'.
Last edited by goldguy; Aug 20, 2019 at 11:39 PM.
Aug 21, 2019, 06:29 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Now I heard from “slope fliers" that when the air is UP , everything goes Up .
JJ we’ve managed to slope off the 20 foot high levees here when the wind is right … trick is not going in the River …
Aug 21, 2019, 08:42 AM
Not gonna lie... seems common sloping right off seawalls or a raised beach/levee but I’m scared my plane would go swimming.
There’s a park by the house that has a huge sledding hill... and a skate park my kids love. Might just have to run over there with the Whip-it and the kids this weekend and try it out.
Aug 24, 2019, 05:09 AM
gpw
gpw
Thread OP
Good luck !!!

Quick Reply