Oct 10, 2020, 08:33 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Kyosho vs losi

Iím new to rcgroups and also new to nitros. I have no local tracks around my house so I was looking for a truggy. I have been looking at the kyosho inferno neo st 3.0 and the losi 8ight truggy. I was wondering which is best and why. I have been doing a little bit of research myself and I canít hardly find parts for the kyosho. I donít know if Iím looking at the right places or if the parts interchange with another model but on the kyosho America website there is hardly any parts. Thank you in advance.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 10, 2020, 10:42 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Losi parts will likely be easier to find - especially for buggy and truggy. They are race platforms that are quite popular, so parts support is typically very good. If you go Losi, get the race kit, not the RTR as the kit is much more robust and that gives you the opportunity to use a better engine and electronics. If you are okay with RTR quality engines and electronics, then the RTR model may work. I have an 8T 3.0 with a Novarossi P5XLT and it runs pretty good. I wish it were a Picco P3 .28 though. Truggies are stupid with a .28, but I think that makes it more fun. Quality engines tune easier than RTR engines do, so this is one of my main reasons to suggest a Picco or Novarossi engine. I’ll post a video of my truggy running with a modified P5XLT when I can find the link.
Oct 11, 2020, 09:52 AM
Thread OP
Sounds great thanks for your input. I was just looking at the rtr because of the cost is in my budget. I also don’t want to dump a lot of money into this and not like nitro. I was looking at the 8ight xt kit but do not know what motors are compatible with it. On tower hobbies they try to sell you the os Adam drake edition for almost 700 lol.
Oct 16, 2020, 07:48 PM
GloBroz PowerLab
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontoler08
Sounds great thanks for your input. I was just looking at the rtr because of the cost is in my budget. I also donít want to dump a lot of money into this and not like nitro. I was looking at the 8ight xt kit but do not know what motors are compatible with it. On tower hobbies they try to sell you the os Adam drake edition for almost 700 lol.
And they $700 OS engine will last a couple gallons and need to be replaced or rebuilt. A Novarossi 28-8 will run long after the OS dies.

Itís hard to get into nitro with the possibility it might not be for you - it could end up being an expensive ďadventureĒ. I think youíd do just fine - do some research, watch some tuning videos on YouTube. The tuning method is somewhat design specific - certain engines you tune the low side first and others you tune the high side first. Knowing what you have ahead of time can alleviate a lot of headaches.

Ask questions - thereís a few of us that arenít new to nitro and can help teach you ďthey wayĒ

Quick Reply