Jul 19, 2011, 05:31 PM
Ok thanks
Another question how many people are flying this plane as a 4 channel ??
to remove ads between posts
Jul 19, 2011, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackedman
Ok thanks
Another question how many people are flying this plane as a 4 channel ??
My guess is not many at all. It's designed for RET, ailerons are't entirely effective or needed on this type of airfoil.
Jul 19, 2011, 09:41 PM
Ya true but there in the plans tho but I'm going to give them a try and let you all know how it gos.
Jul 21, 2011, 02:36 PM
Hi!Good work.Say me what electric motor and battery needs the plane?
Jul 28, 2011, 03:57 AM
Hi!Yesterday I start make the plane,but I don't know what electric motor and battery needs.Can you say me?
Jul 28, 2011, 07:21 AM
Well I'm using a super Tigre .10 in mine just because that the only motor I had close to what would have been needed. And as for battery use what you got.

So on another not I managed to get flaperons on the wing. Now I just have to take it out for a test flight and see how the plane acts and so some trimming out before I go away with it to the cottage to fly off te water.
Aug 04, 2011, 10:56 PM
Livin ta fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by catweazle2701
I just finished our STS and would like to share our configuration with the community.

AUW: 460 gr.
Motor: Dymond AL-2826
ESC: Dymond SMART 25
Servos: 2 x 9gr. Servo Dymond
Battery: 2 pieces 800 mah 3 S batteries in parallel
(bird was somewhat tail heavy ... so insted of adding lead we decided to add a second battery pack)

Maiden flight was successful without any major problems. Minor adjustments of motor thrust angle will be required.

Kind regards from .DE
Nice covering job. What did you use?
Aug 05, 2011, 04:40 AM
Quick question!

What foam thickness is recommended for this build!?

Can't wait to start building this beauty!
Aug 05, 2011, 09:44 AM

Scale!?!?

When it comes to the scale of the model, I was wondering if reducing the plans to 94% of original would make any difference. I was forced to do this as I don't have PDF sized paper, and so the plans had to be reduced to 94% of original size to fit on A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) paper.

I calculated that I'll loose about 7 cm of wing span.

Should I just overlook this and use my 94% plans!

Thanks for any response... I know this is an old thread, so any response at all is really appreciated!
Aug 07, 2011, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZicZac
Quick question!

What foam thickness is recommended for this build!?

Can't wait to start building this beauty!
Hi 6mm foam is recommended but i used 10mm and it worked fine
Aug 07, 2011, 03:35 AM
Quote:
When it comes to the scale of the model, I was wondering if reducing the plans to 94% of original would make any difference. I was forced to do this as I don't have PDF sized paper, and so the plans had to be reduced to 94% of original size to fit on A4 (210 mm x 297 mm) paper.

I calculated that I'll loose about 7 cm of wing span.

Should I just overlook this and use my 94% plans!

Thanks for any response... I know this is an old thread, so any response at all is really appreciated!
It dousent matter all that much i did the same, just make sure that your slot for your elevator is the right size for the foam
Aug 07, 2011, 07:03 AM
Hi!
I finished with make and I go to fly.
Fly..... Fly....... and suddenly I crash it in one electric post.
I start make new.
Aug 07, 2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ RC
It dousent matter all that much i did the same, just make sure that your slot for your elevator is the right size for the foam
Thanks NZ RC! Now I'm just waiting for Monday to come, so that I can go hunting for some Depron 6mm. Depron should work ... right?

On the plans they have used credit cards for some kind of support at certain locations, is this necessary, I don't quite understand why these are used :S.
Aug 07, 2011, 09:18 AM

I created the model in Google Sketch Up.

I made a copy of the model in Google Sketch Up 8, here are some photos. I'll see if I can upload the file for those that are interested.

All parts of the plane should be to scale.

For the floats I used these plans: http://flyinglindy.homestead.com/files/Flt05.jpg
Last edited by ZicZac; Aug 07, 2011 at 12:38 PM.
Aug 08, 2011, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Thanks NZ RC! Now I'm just waiting for Monday to come, so that I can go hunting for some Depron 6mm. Depron should work ... right?

On the plans they have used credit cards for some kind of support at certain locations, is this necessary, I don't quite understand why these are used :S.
no problem, yep i think depron will work great, the credit cards are used to stop the spars which hold the rubberbands on from cutting through the foam (because they are being pulled from the rubberbands) i just used a peice of plastic from a icecream container but you could use some balsa wood or anything similar realy. hope this helps

Quick Reply