This thread is privately moderated by Nickerz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Oct 09, 2020, 07:35 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP
Discussion

Bought A Great Planes PT-40 (Original - Version 1)...

This afternoon, around 1:26pm PST, I bought a 2nd Great Planes PT-40 but this is the original PT-40 that came out around 1987 I think (whereas version 2, the MKII came out around 2008). Total paid was...

$206.50 (Plane)
$30.59(Shipping)
$16.47 (Tax)
-$2.17 (eBay Bucks credit)
$251.39 (Grand Total)

This eBay listing was NIB (New In Box) but it was set as Auction about 1 week ago starting around $15 (no reserve). There were quite a few bidders and of course it drove the price up but I've wanted this plane for a long time now, just to keep for nostalgic reasons. Especially since this is technically the plane I viewed in the two videos I had as a kid and I wanted to buy it back then but I felt building it would have been a little more than I was ready for. So now I have that chance again! USPS shows the delivery date 10/20 but USPS lately has been VERY unreliable so we'll see...

I already have an engine for it too which is a NIB O.S. MAX .40-FP which is the original engine recommended in the manual and in the videos I watched as a kid! Just awesome!!! By they way, I even recorded the eBay auction on my PC and took screenshots of the listing so I can look at this years down the road of finally buying the PT-40.

***NOTE***
I started a thread for this plane when I purchased it earlier this year (5/28/20) and since I have several updated posts within that thread (i.e., engine, books I bought that are for this plane or feature this plane), I kept that entire blog together which has many more details on this plane. I think this will be easier to keep all the dates/timelines organized. It can be read here...

So here are the pics from the eBay listing and of course I'll post my own pics along with an unboxing video when it arrives later this month! Is it really going to be October already!?

Last edited by Nickerz; Aug 26, 2021 at 04:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2020, 05:02 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP

Great Planes PT-40 (Original - Version 1) Was Delivered Today!

It was delivered today by USPS! Pics & unboxing video updates to this post coming soon...
Oct 22, 2020, 08:56 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP

Great Planes PT-40 (Original - Version 1) Unboxing...

Well, I've waited since June to find myself another PT-40 since the first one I bought didn't work out. The kit was missing a lot of pieces (documented here...) but I finally found another NIB kit and the box is mint too!

Now my old thread had posts and timelines of other purchases I made for the engine, books, videos, so instead of recreating all of these posts, that thread can be viewed here...

So below are the pics and video from my unboxing today!

Unboxing Video...
Great Planes P-40 (Original - Version 1) Unboxing (0 min 0 sec)
Last edited by Nickerz; Dec 03, 2020 at 01:19 PM.

Quick Reply