FMS 80mm Rafale EDF Jet

FMS says this plane was two years in the making and it certainly looks awesome in the video below.

Splash

80mm Rafale EDF!

FMS says this plane was two years in the making and it certainly looks awesome in the video below. That bright yellow color scheme is hot and the performance looks to match. Did you see that roll rate?! It uses a 3280 2100kv inrunner and a 100A ESC and features full flying canards and functional flaps. The scale details look sharp too. It also has CNC metal shock absorbing landing gear with rotating main gear along with nav and landing lights.

I've always liked delta style fighters like this and I'm sure FMS has a winner on their hands. So what do you guys think about the FMS 80mm Rafale?

Oct 09, 2020, 12:59 PM
"Fly Low, Fly Fast, Turn Left"
Awesome!
Latest blog entry: Miss Foxy Lady eBuild
Oct 09, 2020, 03:05 PM
CR5
CR5
I like it.
6S 5000mAh packs?
Release date?
Doesn't look like it has a trailing link style front strut, hope it's strong enough for continuous grass ops.
Oct 09, 2020, 08:22 PM
That’s beautiful.
Oct 10, 2020, 05:59 AM
what goes up, must come down..
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
I like it.
6S 5000mAh packs?
Release date?
Doesn't look like it has a trailing link style front strut, hope it's strong enough for continuous grass ops.
SPECIFICATIONS
Wingspan: 974mm /38.3 in
Overall Length: 1409mm /55.5 in
Flying Weight: Around 3280g
Motor Size: 3280 KV2100
Wing Load: 85.2g/dmē (0.17oz/inē)
Wing Area: 38.5dmē (596.6 sq.in)
ESC: 100A
Servo: 13g X 7pcs,9g X 2pcs
Recommended Battery: 22.2V4000mAh-5000mAh 45c

https://www.mcmracing.com/en/home/16...-reflex-system
Oct 10, 2020, 07:34 AM
More gadgets please.
So awesome!
Is this the same jet as MotionRC is carrying just different livery?
Oct 10, 2020, 05:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete914
So awesome!
Is this the same jet as MotionRC is carrying just different livery?
Totally different plane
Oct 10, 2020, 06:21 PM
AA6JB
MotionRC’s next upcoming jet is an 80mm JAS 39 Gripen

The next one coming from FMS is what Is being announced by Jason here, an 80mm Rafale
Oct 10, 2020, 11:55 PM
Gravity Sucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
I like it.
6S 5000mAh packs?
Release date?
Availability date: 2020-12-15 this is according to the link here https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/jets-...ro-system.html
Oct 11, 2020, 04:23 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
So can we assume this will be equipped with Horizon safe select receivers as an option ?
Only asking because every jet at my grass field has only flown successfully with Safe .

The reason is that you have to really push the take offs the shortest possible run, otherwise they wont fly from grass. Short take offs increase stall and safe adds the stability needed for the process.

This is not a criticism of Safe, in fact its an asset to Jets on grass.
Oct 11, 2020, 09:43 AM
CR5
CR5
I hope it makes it's way to Canada. Might be my first EDF over 70mm
Oct 11, 2020, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldm
So can we assume this will be equipped with Horizon safe select receivers as an option ?
Only asking because every jet at my grass field has only flown successfully with Safe .
I have yet to see Horizon put any of their Spektrum AS3X/SAFE RXs into an FMS airplane. Have you? This plane can be had with FMS's own "Reflex" system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=MJ=-
Availability date: 2020-12-15 this is according to the link here https://www.turbines-rc.com/en/jets-...ro-system.html
If it's anything like Motion's Freewing products, if this thing is available in Europe Dec. 15, it should be available in N. America some weeks prior to this.
Oct 12, 2020, 08:19 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
I have yet to see Horizon put any of their Spektrum AS3X/SAFE RXs into an FMS airplane. Have you? This plane can be had with FMS's own "Reflex" system.

If it's anything like Motion's Freewing products, if this thing is available in Europe Dec. 15, it should be available in N. America some weeks prior to this.
Of course we have. Tons of EDFs Horizon has are all FMS jets with a different paint scheme. Some of the FMS versions aren't easy to get in the US though.

64mm F15
64mm F16
80mm F18
Twin 70mm SU-30
70mm F16
70mm Viper
80mm F4

Enough examples?
Oct 12, 2020, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesonC
Of course we have. Tons of EDFs Horizon has are all FMS jets with a different paint scheme. Some of the FMS versions aren't easy to get in the US though.

64mm F15
64mm F16
80mm F18
Twin 70mm SU-30
70mm F16
70mm Viper
80mm F4

Enough examples?
Not at all. Each and every one of those examples you give are branded EFLITE. Not a single FMS branded plane sold by Horizon comes with AS3X/SAFE. Here's all the FMS planes they sell. Go ahead, find some examples. No and don't come back and say that Eflite planes are FMS planes. That's not what I said. We all know that FMS makes plenty of planes for Horizon and the ones they choose to put Spektrum AS3X RXs in are only branded Eflite.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/fms/

Oh, and how many foamies would it take to comprise "tons"?
Oct 12, 2020, 10:53 AM
Landing is not optional
Quote:
Originally Posted by xviper
Not at all. Each and every one of those examples you give are branded EFLITE. Not a single FMS branded plane sold by Horizon comes with AS3X/SAFE. Here's all the FMS planes they sell. Go ahead, find some examples. No and don't come back and say that Eflite planes are FMS planes. That's not what I said. We all know that FMS makes plenty of planes for Horizon and the ones they choose to put Spektrum AS3X RXs in are only branded Eflite.
https://www.horizonhobby.com/fms/

Oh, and how many foamies would it take to comprise "tons"?

It was clear that he was saying he was thinking there would be an EFLITE variant with AS3X/SAFE just like every one of the examples I gave. I wasn't making the "FMS makes the planes" argument. These are literally the same planes with a different paint scheme (and sometimes lesser electronics.)

But, go ahead with your "iT's EfLiTe" argument!

Quick Reply