Oct 08, 2020, 07:08 AM
!= International Arms Dealer
Thread OP
Discussion

Headplay SE V2 5.8GHz Goggles for $100

RangeVideo has these on a blowout sale. These are 7" 1024x600 box-style goggles with a built-in 40-channel 5.8GHz receiver. They also come with an external DVR, a set of three different focusing lenses and a basic antenna. Looks like the they 'd be good for glasses-wearers or as an inexpensive spare pair for ride-alongs.

The email they sent out lists a price of $99 but it actually comes up in the cart as $100.

Math is hard

Link is here, use code "Headplay100" at checkout.
Last edited by visioneer_one; Oct 15, 2020 at 02:11 AM. Reason: typos
to remove ads between posts
Oct 15, 2020, 12:20 AM
I have one half way here. The code is automatically added at checkout. Watch out for PayPal hackers. My first order confirmation was quickly followed with a hacked PayPal message. I contacted PayPal and told them and said don't cancel the order....they did anyway. I had to reorder. Then PayPal denied the claim I never made.
Oct 15, 2020, 12:43 AM
Plane and wife, use both hands
Use RCG for a code until October 16.
Oct 24, 2020, 06:02 AM
you can get this for 99.99 shipped .i think this is a better deal and they were made and designed in collaboration with headplay ,even has dual fans ,7 inch display . diversity . i been thinking about buying this

so save me one ...lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysight-Vi...R/293083486233
Latest blog entry: update
Oct 24, 2020, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
you can get this for 99.99 shipped .i think this is a better deal and they were made and designed in collaboration with headplay ,even has dual fans ,7 inch display . diversity . i been thinking about buying this

so save me one ...lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flysight-Vi...R/293083486233
Agreed on more features for the same money. Because I need the RHO lens with my goggles I went with the HP. The lens probably fits, but didnít want to chance it. I mostly use my goggles to connect to a repeater from my 1.3 gHz ground station so diversity is nice, but not necessary in my application. Now, as for the fans...they could be very nice during the summer.
Oct 24, 2020, 02:55 PM
rho lens??
Oct 24, 2020, 04:02 PM
For those who need reading glasses.

https://www.rangevideo.com/collectio...play-hd-and-se
Oct 24, 2020, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebel25a
For those who need reading glasses.

https://www.rangevideo.com/collectio...play-hd-and-se
oh ,nice . have you ever tried the quanum cyclops? thats my current goggle and i can see pretty well with out glasses at all . i am 55 and need reading glasses for small print .
Oct 24, 2020, 04:56 PM
Has anyone that wears glasses actually tried these out? These look like they may be an upgrade to my vipers.
Oct 24, 2020, 05:57 PM
well headplay goggles been around awhile ,i am sure theres plenty of reviews . now the flysight goggle not so many .

i only just found about them because a set came up for sale here in the classifieds and got me interested
Oct 24, 2020, 09:22 PM
I had a pair of the FXT Vipers, worked very well in fitting me with glasses on but the light leak was quite noticeable compared to my Headplay goggles. Headplay goggles with the RHO lens works great for me...not sure why I need 3 sets but I do. Keep thinking Iíall sell a pair, but never have. Sort of that compelling need to have spares on hand...just in case.
Oct 25, 2020, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebel25a
I had a pair of the FXT Vipers, worked very well in fitting me with glasses on but the light leak was quite noticeable compared to my Headplay goggles. Headplay goggles with the RHO lens works great for me...not sure why I need 3 sets but I do. Keep thinking Iíall sell a pair, but never have. Sort of that compelling need to have spares on hand...just in case.
Yea, I'm happy with my vipers I don't any light leaks. These look like a great pair. Not finding much on reviews though so I'm still on the fence lol.
Oct 31, 2020, 12:41 AM
I have 2 Headplay SE. One is for regular FPV planes. The other has been modified to replace the screen and electronics (very carefully ) with a smartphone for WiFi view FPV drone . The RHO plus the installed flat lens work to give a super sharp view of the phone screen. My 81 year old eyes use reading glasses but non are needed with the setup with the RHO.
Last week, I made my first 3D stereo FPV drone flight with a Headplay PSC goggle. The camera is a Russian Black Bird 2. For the first minute or two I had vertigo. This passed and you are no longer watching a big screen TV but are now in the air like a bird.

Quick Reply