Oct 16, 2020, 08:04 AM
Ghost Rider the pattern's full
Well since I could not get the hatch measurements, I reverse engineered it from the hole, it's not perfect, but it will do until the replacement arrives.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2020, 06:23 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by santanig5
Can't speak to the FMS Avanti, but the Freewing Avanti 80mm is an awesome EDF, we fly off grass and two of my club members have them one yellow one red, they have no issues with our runway, the plane flies as good slow as it does fast and will do anything they ask of it, they both say it is the best flying plane they have in their respective fleets. I purchased the Viper because I didn't want to be the third Avanti, but if I had to do it again, that is where I would spend my hard earn cash, don't get me wrong, the Viper is a great plane, but the FW Avanti IMHO is better!
Between the Viper and the A-10, I enjoy flying the A-10 more, it has no bad tendencies and does whatever I want, but it is not a sport jet like the Viper or Avanti.
Good luck with your decision.

Thanks for your input

I'm making up my mind and it's a neck to neck race between the Viper and the FW Avanti...

pros Viper:
Price
Look
Safe on the BNF

Cons Viper:
weak landing gear
internal BEC is not that good
cracks in the wing(around the wheel after a flew flights
need to buy new batteries

Pros FW Avanti S
80 mm
landing gear suitable for gras operations
Quality
can use my 6S 4500 mah and 5000 mah lipos

Cons FW Avanti S
need to add receiver with safe
price

Still have some time left
Oct 19, 2020, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho_DaD
Thanks for your input

I'm making up my mind and it's a neck to neck race between the Viper and the FW Avanti...

pros Viper:
Price
Look
Safe on the BNF

Cons Viper:
weak landing gear
internal BEC is not that good
cracks in the wing(around the wheel after a flew flights
need to buy new batteries

Pros FW Avanti S
80 mm
landing gear suitable for gras operations
Quality
can use my 6S 4500 mah and 5000 mah lipos

Cons FW Avanti S
need to add receiver with safe
price

Still have some time left

you can pickup a used AR636 at a reasonable price these days, just be sure you know what plane it came from, the very old ones are not programmable or get the new 637T.

saving money on the Rx is not worth the cost if you have to spend it on upgrading or fixing the plane. IMO
Oct 24, 2020, 04:45 PM
Quote:
Thanks for your replies... just noticed I posted this in the wrong section

I am aware of the Habu STS but for some reason I do not have any interest in this EDF. I'm tending towards the A10 due to the fact it has metal shock absorbing retracts (better for grass landings), the build finish is a step higher than the Viper (servos and wiring are masked with colored tape).

Ahh, we"ll see.... for now I will just watch some more youtube videos to make my decision "easier"
The A10 landing gear appears to be quite rugged. I fly off a grass field and one day I was doing a full throttle take off run and it entered a clump of deep grass (about 2 1/2" high). The plane nosed over and ended up upside down. Lost the gun barrels in the soft ground some where, and the glue joint for both tail fins broke loose. I fully expected the nose gear to be toast but I can't detect any ill effects. Glued the rudders back on and have flown it a few more times since.
Nov 05, 2020, 07:25 PM
My first jet was a free wing 64mm F-105. You have to throw it hard to get it up, but it’s performance is amazing and the thrill I get with its high speed glide slope was worth every penny.
Nov 24, 2020, 09:10 PM
go for the viper 1000% then move to the A10
Nov 28, 2020, 04:18 AM
Thread OP
After months of reading, doubting, looking at a ton of youtube videos,... yesterday was the day I bought my first EDF jet
Funny thing is, it is not the Eflite Viper or Havoc or A10 or Avanti which I've all been looking at. So what did I buy ==> FMS YAK 130 V2

Why the Yak 130?
Clubmember , who has a ton of EDF jets, made me a deal I could really not refuse

Thanks for all your comments
Nov 28, 2020, 09:05 AM
Quote:
After months of reading, doubting, looking at a ton of youtube videos,... yesterday was the day I bought my first EDF jet
Funny thing is, it is not the Eflite Viper or Havoc or A10 or Avanti which I've all been looking at. So what did I buy ==> FMS YAK 130 V2

Why the Yak 130?
Clubmember , who has a ton of EDF jets, made me a deal I could really not refuse

Thanks for all your comments
Sweet!

Quick Reply