This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 27, 2020, 08:08 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Remember that Little Mini Stick ?

18650 Mini Stick (20 min 34 sec)

The Overlord has graciously metered out 2cc of RC ! To those requiring a dose of LIVING !
I woke up @ 6am and was on my way to the park before 6.30am .

Yes , I dropped the proverbial ball by not pre flight checking before leaving home . There were things forgotten about !
Things best left un said !

So , came home , fixed a few things and headed back out .. Yes , got lots of walking in this morning and only 1cc of the precious 2cc of RC
Lucky for me the plane is powered by a 18650 . so run time is exceedingly high !
What is not high is the power / thrust . It is very much marginal .
It does fly , but there is little in the way of enough power . Especially if you do something silly there is no powering out of the situation . So one needs to fly as if the models life depends on it ( probably does ) .

6A 1-2s ESC
6x4 prop
RacerStar 1811 3800kv

Mini Stick . = What a very nice little plane ! On a decent 2s power system with at least 1:1 power to weight this little stick should be a real joy to fly . It does get knocked about by the wind , so in that regard it would be a fair weather flyer . But again , a better power to weight ratio would negate some of that sensitivity to wind . My entire flight was 90% power to begin with and as the battery voltage dropped under load I was up to 100% power . Which was just enough to keep the stick flying smooth . At this time my only choice is to find a better prop if I want to fly with a 18650 . Oh yeah , the prop was a 6x4 .
It was a successful maiden , but with 1s ( heavy 18650 ) the power to weight makes it marginal . A small light 1s Lipo around 400mAh would / should improve the power to weight ratio a lot .

So yes , I would say you could 1s this mini stick if you chose a better motor and lighter battery . In fact you could almost 1:1 with some care . 2s would be the simple answer to powering this model giving more than enough power to satisfy .
So now the search is on for a better more suitable prop . ( More Thrust )

UPDATE =
6x4 Prop peaked at 6120 rpm on the bench .. Yeah !
If 1s is going to swing that slow , I definitely need more prop .
Last edited by old4570; Sep 28, 2020 at 01:15 AM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply