Mar 06, 2021, 05:13 PM
From the Kopilot Manual:
to remove ads between posts
Mar 06, 2021, 05:55 PM

"All in one" Battery cover: 3S pack, 30/20mm split cam, FPV Camera Mount

Hey, guys, I keep polishing my newly acquired CAD skills and now I think I have something useful not only for me (like my broken nose cone replacement), but something useful for many Razor owners: an "all-in-one" battery hatch cover

It provides:
  • room for a 3S triangular prismatic battery pack
  • pilons to mount 30x30mm or 20x20mm split cam boards
  • anchor points to mount micro FPV cameras, quite raised from the cover or not
  • flight footage with the nose cone minimally in view

link to download STL files, for 3D printing:
Not as pretty as Mutiski's camera pod, but I hope you enjoy!
BTW Mutski, thanks for taking us to fly with you! Marvelous scenery
Last edited by Fernando.cesar; Mar 06, 2021 at 06:15 PM.
Mar 06, 2021, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missiletm
Use the PWM Cable, not SBUS, the 4 pin connector goes into the signal plugs ( horizontally across the top pins) for channels 1-4 AETR which is the configuration of that receiver. The white wire on the connector denotes channel 1, Aileron. The 3 pin connector plugs (vertically in a normal fashion) into channel 5 and is the mode channel for manual, stabilization and RTH.

FYI, for those that have a Rx with TAER configurations you can remove the pins and reinsert them in the correct order if you’re unable to channel map on your radio.
Thanks for that... so do I set tx for ppm ,pwm
Mar 06, 2021, 11:19 PM
mutski
Fernando - remaiden tomorrow?
Mar 06, 2021, 11:27 PM
mutski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missiletm
From the Kopilot Manual:
So is the Razor stock flight controller actually a Zohd Kopilot?
Mar 07, 2021, 02:28 AM
Hi
I’m going to be using a metek 411 flight controller. So the eachine flight controller is surplus. Can it be formatted so that I can use it on a delta wing.
Mar 07, 2021, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski
Fernando - remaiden tomorrow?
Continuous intermittent rain these days here, Mutski... Remainden will have to wait for next week
I will probably design a VC400 pod meanwhile
Mar 07, 2021, 01:26 PM

VC400 AIO Camera 3d printed raised pod

VC 400 is a good AIO FPV camera/vtx, but it is a pain to fix to any plane...
I figured out a way to secure VC400 by the objective round body, with no screws nor adhesive tape!
Now I can get rid of my old, balsa wood carved camera pod

Just coming out of the printer: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4786946

I will certainly re-maiden Razor with this one first, not the Foxeer Mix 2, not yet
Mar 07, 2021, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutski
So is the Razor stock flight controller actually a Zohd Kopilot?
They are similar, but not the same. There are no gain adjustments, no ability to change wing styles either. The PWM connection is the same though, thus my reference to the manual for the Kopilot.
Mar 07, 2021, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocadillypig
Setup your tx and bind it to the same format as your flysky rx should be pwm. I assume you’re using Flysky transmitter? If you’re using something else like a Radiomaster then use the correct protocol for that rx.
Mar 07, 2021, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbott1664
Hi
I’m going to be using a metek 411 flight controller. So the eachine flight controller is surplus. Can it be formatted so that I can use it on a delta wing.
Unlike the Kopilot there really isn’t an option to change wing types.
Mar 08, 2021, 12:55 PM
mutski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocadillypig
Looks like you have this already sorted out, but I got this reply from somebody on Youtube - same plane, same receiver:

Highlighted reply
michael wheatland
1 day ago
@subzero674 connect with the supplied 3 way lead supplied with the Kopilot , four pin connector inserted horizontally across the signal pins on the reciever the 3 pin plug inserted horizontally into channel 5, signal wire to the top this provides power to the Kopilot and this is also the command channel giving you return to home, stabilised mode and finally manual mode. You need to assign a 3 position switch to channel 5. The other end is connected to the Kopilot be careful withe connection the pins are offset so make sure you align correctly. The Kopilot diagrams actually illustrate these functions fairly well so there worth studying.
Hope this helps.
Mar 08, 2021, 10:07 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando.cesar
link to download STL files, for 3D printing:
I printed the battery cover, it was about 13g and a pretty good fit. Thanks for the design.
Mar 09, 2021, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevea3342
I printed the battery cover, it was about 13g and a pretty good fit. Thanks for the design.
Hi, Steve! It is nice to hear it fits the original foam nose cone (not only the "prostetics nose" on my Razor)
Case you guys need some design or design change to these, just ask!
Glad to help

Fernando
Mar 09, 2021, 05:34 AM

new Mobius / Runcam 2 camera mount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernando.cesar
Yes, mounting a HD camera on the razor is a kind of hard...
Just cut a section of swimming pool noodle...
Fernando
well, now I found out about the marvels of a CAD design software + a 3d printer laying around, I revisited things like this swimming pool noodle Mobius mount and made a 3d model of it. After a couple of iterations (I still find it hard to measure and model curves - there must be a better way than trial-and-error), I manage to design a Mobius/Runcam2 mount which fits!

Link to Thingverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4787964

Quick Reply