Sep 23, 2020, 11:12 AM
Trader Rating: 21
Thread OP
Discussion

Beware of OscarBrown

Purchased Servos from him on 8/31...Said he sent them, no tracking info, wonít respond to messages. Dispute filed, just trying to save others from dealing with this thief.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 24, 2020, 07:09 AM
Trader Rating: 80
Of course you paid via PayPal goods and services right? If so, follow the applicable steps, if not......., well, hope you get your items.

This one: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post45332995
Sep 24, 2020, 08:58 AM
Thread OP
Yep, those are the ones. Already made whole by my bank.
Sep 24, 2020, 09:13 AM
Trader Rating: 63
32 yrs. Of aircraft Flying!
o posts, just joined this year there two red flags for me...
if you look at his rankings, everyone who left positive ones the for sale posts have been edited and doesn't show any info.. would almost guess those were friends or just fakes somehow

man that is lot of money for servos not to get sure hope you get your funds back.
Latest blog entry: OMP M2 Helicopter.
Sep 24, 2020, 06:50 PM
Thread OP
Reached out to 2 of his previous buyers to confirm positive feedback, which both did. Iíve gotten my money back...Heíll have to create a new profile, Iíve got plenty of time to comment on any future ads of his warning prospective buyers.
Sep 24, 2020, 08:08 PM
Trader Rating: 5
Another reason why you don't pay FF and the seller pays the fees.
Sep 24, 2020, 08:51 PM
Trader Rating: 37
Resident Crashologist
Thanks for the heads up. Added this seller to my ignore list.
Sep 25, 2020, 06:57 AM
Trader Rating: 85
Mt. Dora, Florida
Thanks for the heads up, I'll make sure and not deal with him in the future as well. But if I were you, I wouldn't be so trusting when dealing with anyone other than retail outlets especially for the tune of $900.00. I try and steer clear of any ads that request Paypal Friends and Family, if they are willing to cheat Paypal, they are willing to cheat you. I also try and steer clear of any seller who has Zero posts, even if they have a thousand trader ratings. I look at it this way, if they want to sell on the classifieds, they should contribute to the forums.
Sep 25, 2020, 08:59 AM
Trader Rating: 124
As much as it sucks,people do this quite often.It used to be that you could trust fellow modelers,but they have found their way in these places also.I never made a big deal on here about it,but 6 months or so ago,I bought a "NIB" engine from a guy,and when I got it,it had obviously been mounted,and had alot of black in the exhaust.and no muffler.Since it was a ringed engine,I had no idea how it was broekn in,so requested a return.he argued with me that it was brand new,and then it went to "I bought it on ebay and that is how I bought it"He actually gave me his address to return it,then went silent.I filed with paypal,and he would not respond to their messages either,so I had to wait out the 30 days or so to finally get my money back,but it is frustrating,and should not happen among fellow modelers,but these scammers are not like most of us that have been flying all our life!

Quick Reply