This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 22, 2020, 11:26 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Nemesis 2 ( Rat 2 AUS-8 )

Nemesis 2 ( Rat 2 AUS-8 ) (7 min 54 sec)

Nemesis 2 ( Ontario Rat 2 AUS-8 )

Thats right , this knife disappointed with it's inability to hold an edge . Sure I could massage the factory bevel to take hair off my arm , but when it came to edge holding .
Another knife that ended up in the JUNK Knife box ! ( Butt !!! was it a junk knife ? )
I get the feeling a lot of manufacturers seem to be doing junk bevels .

So the Rat 2 got a 20deg 180 grit edge put on .

Surprise / surprise .

Put a decent bevel on the knife and it works
Horrid weather , had lots of wind . And today , more wind + rain and damn .... Just when I went out to cut rope there was a very decent temperature drop .
I think my hand had a slight blue tinge , sure as heck were cold as ice with that wind chill ! So cold I found it challenging to cut the paper .
At the end of the vid , after being inside a few hours , I cut some more paper . That rolled edge , the 180 grit finish , really caught the paper . But with the grain going the right way it still cut . I would say the result was fair .
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply