This thread is privately moderated by Mr Rowl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 22, 2020, 08:21 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

PicaSim - R/C Flight Simulator

In case anybody comes this way - I've written a simulator for R/C planes , mostly gliders since that's what I tend to fly. It's completely free on Windows and mostly free on iOS/Android (limited sceneries/planes in the free version). You may be able to get it to run under linux (wine) and/or OSX (PlayOnMac).

http://rowlhouse.co.uk/PicaSim/

It's not under active development at the moment for a couple of reasons:

* I needed to concentrate on writing software for my own business
* Technical reasons which mean future development would require as significant re-write of the platform layers.

Nevertheless, I hope it's still useful and fun. I've met a lot of people (online and in real life) through it, discovered DLGs (thanks Jenne!), and improved my own flying!
Last edited by Mr Rowl; Sep 22, 2020 at 08:27 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 22, 2020, 09:01 AM
Design Engineer
I was recently introduced to PicaSim and am in love! Such a great piece of software! The graphics and setup are simple, yet very effective. Setting up the transmitter is easy and quick. The physics feel amazingly real. I fly a simple 2ch DLG and a Great Planes Spirit 2M in the real winds. I have found equivalent models in PicaSim and they fly and feel exactly like my real models. I am very happy with this simulator and have been recommending it to all my pilot friends!
Keep up the great work!
Sep 22, 2020, 09:01 PM
Southwest VA, USA
I installed it tonight and I liked it.
Got it working with my DX6 and wirelessly too on my Windows 10 PC.
Flying the DLGs is just like the real thing.
Awesome simulator, Mr Rowl.
Thank you.

Quick Reply