Sep 21, 2020, 05:11 PM
Thread OP
Help!

Everything Ok! But quad still have flip out problem

Hello everyone. I am new in rcgroups and rc hobby. I bought new version of reptile cloud 149 cinewhoop quad but I could never fly with it because flip out after takeoff problem. It is also ready to fly (put receiver than fly) quad. I watched all videos related with that problem an also searched on the google. I tried everything but the problem still continues.
1- I checked motor orientation. Ok! ( Right rear is number1, left rear is number 3, front right number 2, front left number 4)
2- I checked motor directions. Ok! (Front left and rear right turn CW, front right and rear left turn CCW)
3- I check propellers orientation. Ok! (Motor 2 and 3 have propellers indicated with letter “R”, other is normal)
4- I checked FC orientation with orientation screen. CW 180 degrees is matches with quad model shown in orientation screen. Ok!
5- I checked motors screws, there is no short circuit on the motors and esc solder.
6- ESC and FC firmwares are updated. ESC calibrations OK.
7- All motors work.
8- Accolemeter is calibrated so many times.

But I still have have flip-over problem just after takeoff.

I use fly sky i6x transmitter and x6b receiver. All channels work.

I captured a video related with this problem ( sorry for my bad english):
Reptile cloud 149 flip-out problem (3 min 22 sec)

I attached dump files.

This is the link of my quad: https://banggood.app.link/FDe6IySfW9
Flight controller link: https://banggood.app.link/uN1c2GujY9
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2020, 06:33 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Reverse the Aileron(Roll) channel in the radio.
Sep 24, 2020, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by onurmutlu94 View Post

I use fly sky i6x transmitter and x6b receiver. All channels work.
Check if all channels work in the right direction.

Up or right must be 2000.
Down or left must be 1000 in the receiver tab.
Sep 24, 2020, 09:21 AM
Thread OP
Thank you for their replies. I am attaching my reiver configurations picture. Every channels mid. point located in 1500 but top and bottom points a bit higher and lower.
Sep 26, 2020, 10:36 PM
Check roll degree, guess it might work fine if the roll degree or pitch change to 180 in betaflight.
Sep 27, 2020, 03:00 AM
Thread OP
Roll and pitch degrees are 0. Yaw degrees is 180 which quad movement fit with 3d model.
Sep 27, 2020, 11:17 AM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
Roll and pitch degrees are 0. Yaw degrees is 180 which quad movement fit with 3d model.
So you have the flight controller mounted with the front of the board pointing to the back of the frame?
Sep 27, 2020, 11:37 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgazer View Post
So you have the flight controller mounted with the front of the board pointing to the back of the frame?
I guess. There is no direction arrow printed on the board. Quad came with mounted FC stack. When I enter 180 degrees for yaw, 3D model movement matches with real quad movement.
Sep 27, 2020, 01:08 PM
FA3PR9WM79
OK, so let me ask you this...

When you connect the quad to Betaflight and the quad is pointing away from you, which way does the attitude/artificial horizon ball move when you roll the quad to the LEFT?
Sep 27, 2020, 02:11 PM
Thread OP
When I roll it to left, It rolls left.
When I roll it to right, It rolls right.

When I pitch it to front-back, It pitches front-back
Sep 27, 2020, 03:46 PM
FA3PR9WM79
Quote:
When I roll it to left, It rolls left.
When I roll it to right, It rolls right.

When I pitch it to front-back, It pitches front-back
The YAW orientation is backwards. Set it back to 0.

Think about it... The real horizon does not move. An artificial horizon doesn't move either. The aircraft moves around it.

To prove this sit up straight in a chair.
Look straight ahead and focus on something that is horizontal like venicetian blinds or the top of your computer monitor.
Roll your head to the LEFT. The "horizon" will appear to roll to the RIGHT.
Now look down. The "horizon" will appear to move up.
Sep 28, 2020, 12:14 PM
Just as FYI.

You can mount FC in different orientation and adjust in Betaflight. I mount upsidedown in toothpick frame, or 90' for better access to DJI/GPS/Compass... or if USB would stick into battery

Ofcourse also need to remap motors.

Motor direction gets me 50% of time. Hard to tell looking. I put small tape on bell.

If you have correct:
1. FC orientation.. the BF 3D model follows your movement
2. motor spin and matching props

you should be able to takeoff/hover
... even if half screws are loose, 1 FET in ESC is shorting, prop is bent, and its windy... I guess Im trying to say, it should worj

Quick Reply