This thread is privately moderated by VicT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 20, 2020, 11:21 PM
Thread OP
Mini-HowTo

Mini Apprentice Mods

Mike K purchased a used Mini Apprentice from Mike B. This 48 span model will be able to handle winds better than his 4 ounce UMX Turbo Timber. I programmed his DX6 and trimmed her out with SAFE OFF then turned SAFE On. Every maneuver checked good except for aileron to rudder mix that I put into the transmitter. I did not know that it was already programmed into the AR636 A receiver. I think she went cross control similar to the larger Apprentice with the older Apprentice SAFE receiver. There was minimum damage and after replacing the stock prop with an APC 9/6E and inhibiting the TX aileron/rudder mix she flew fine. I like her more than the larger Apprentice because of the Re designed stab. This Apprentice came without a nose wheel and had been in a nose down crash as evidence from the compression wrinkles and a new cowl. I brought her home to make some improvements such as:
1. Adding a steerable tailwheel
2. Programming the ESC prop brake
3. Trimming the stock spinner to fit the APC9/6 prop
4. Glueing the bindplug receptacle to the fuselage side
5. Moving the 18 amp ESC forward to the motorway for more cooling air
6. Adding cloth covered bungee bands to replace the 6 rubber bands.

See pics and notes
Last edited by VicT; Sep 23, 2020 at 01:18 AM. Reason: More pics
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply