Sep 21, 2020, 01:38 PM
Trader Rating: 57
Bob is not dangerous- just very forgetful- He sometimes sells on Ebay as well and forgets to refund/close his thread. I helped get back someone's money last year as Bob thought he had refunded everyone. He does have health issues (disability) - and sometimes he's a not good at this -especially shipping cost. R390- PM me if not getting PP help- I see Bob at LHS and can find out what's going on. I had asked him to stop selling if he can't keep track of things.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 21, 2020, 01:48 PM
Trader Rating: 29
Last edited by silvaire; Sep 21, 2020 at 01:55 PM.
Sep 21, 2020, 05:56 PM
Trader Rating: 94
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2004
Bob is not dangerous- just very forgetful- He sometimes sells on Ebay as well and forgets to refund/close his thread. I helped get back someone's money last year as Bob thought he had refunded everyone. He does have health issues (disability) - and sometimes he's a not good at this -especially shipping cost. R390- PM me if not getting PP help- I see Bob at LHS and can find out what's going on. I had asked him to stop selling if he can't keep track of things.
/

THERE YOU HAVE IT FELLOW PILOTS! If my replies to this post in anyway helped to get Speed 2004 to come forward and give some insight into this whole thingt then my mission has been accomplished. Let's hope this explanation is on the level and has a happy ending. I'm getting a little old now to lead anymore covert missions that take me more than five miles away from my LHS. Shout out to 'Wind burn' for being the voice of reason here. Sometimes it's tough when you have to realize the 'glory days' are all but gone. Must be a mid life crises thing, or more likely the FL. heat. Build,Fly ,Crash,Repeat. a vicious cycle but well worth it. Now go open a cold brew and enjoy yourselves. That's an order private,not a suggestion.
Sep 21, 2020, 06:19 PM
Trader Rating: 241
Old newb
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed2004
OMG Everybody I contacted said he never shipped. That includes last year. He was quite responsive until I paid. Now nothing. He logs in every day. No PM. No PayPal messages. PayPal involved now. No response from him either. I am sorry, I am not believing this story. He may well be sick, but he seems to be playing the game like a pro!

Not to forget the numerous posts linked to in the thread starter about his behavior. There is a pattern of this bad behavior. it is nothing new. I say he forgets on purpose with for thought.

Also all this chatter about paying a visit is nothing I condone. He may be doing bad things, do not make it worse!
Sep 21, 2020, 06:42 PM
Trader Rating: 83
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Sep 25, 2020 at 05:53 PM. Reason: I had insufficient data, deleted
Sep 21, 2020, 06:59 PM
Trader Rating: 165
AMA 72859 Build Baby, Build!
Call his local police department. Explain how you were scammed. They've knocked on more than one door for me in the past. In small towns they often know the culprit and really motivate them with a little visit!
Sep 21, 2020, 07:28 PM
Trader Rating: 20
I have dealt with him with good results....... but yea I hear a LOT of complaints......... guess I got lucky.
Sep 21, 2020, 08:18 PM
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Sep 22, 2020 at 09:33 PM.
Sep 21, 2020, 11:24 PM
Trader Rating: 241
Old newb
Thread OP
Walks like a duck. Acts like a duck. Likely is a duck.

The seller is doing everything a scammer does.

Whether on purpose or by mental defect, the result is the same.

The subject user should be avoided as he is not trustworthy.

I am still waiting on a response.

Yes, eventually I will get my money back. It takes a good few weeks.

Point of this thread is to alert other traders about another bad seller.

That is it.

Note that this not the first time I had someone attempt funny business, it shows again thatwe should be careful.

I was not as careful as I could have been.

That is my fault, yes. Dumb stupid me.

I hope others learn something.
Sep 22, 2020, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by William A
Or it turns out the jerk owns a shotgun.
These type s of petty thieves always tend to bring a knife to a gun fight. Ever know of a knife to out run a bullet?
Sep 22, 2020, 05:38 AM
Trader Rating: 14
Maybe he'll get nudged in the direction of this thread,read it and get it together for his future sales!

And to mr.slick
Thanks for the shout out!

Dane
Sep 22, 2020, 08:27 AM
Trader Rating: 348
You weren't dumb or stupid as you paid goods and services.dumb and stupid would be paying pp gift!!You took a chance and it will work itself out in time .Happens to all of us at times.
Quote:
Originally Posted by r39o
Walks like a duck. Acts like a duck. Likely is a duck.

The seller is doing everything a scammer does.

Whether on purpose or by mental defect, the result is the same.

The subject user should be avoided as he is not trustworthy.

I am still waiting on a response.

Yes, eventually I will get my money back. It takes a good few weeks.

Point of this thread is to alert other traders about another bad seller.

That is it.

Note that this not the first time I had someone attempt funny business, it shows again thatwe should be careful.

I was not as careful as I could have been.

That is my fault, yes. Dumb stupid me.

I hope others learn something.
Sep 22, 2020, 06:31 PM
Trader Rating: 57
To be clear, I am not defending Bob, only explaining that I warned him about this behavior previously. He hangs out and buys at my LHS and I do know him. The unfortunate person last year had used F&F and I got Bob to refund him after personal contact and text follow-ups. Unfortunately RCG keeps letting him create ID's.

I am done here.
Last edited by speed2004; Sep 22, 2020 at 06:32 PM. Reason: addition
Sep 22, 2020, 09:24 PM

mr.slick

Hey Speed; I believe i can speak for everyone when i say; Apoligies all the way around if you were offened by anyones comments here. You were a big help in explaining the situation and it is much appreciated by all concerned. Hopefully this will all be cleared up soon and Doc Holliday can go back to his eternal rest and RC390 can go on to relax and enjoy again.
Sep 22, 2020, 11:16 PM
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Oct 11, 2020 at 12:02 AM.

Quick Reply