Sep 19, 2020, 02:13 PM
Trader Rating: 241
Old newb
Thread OP
Careful!

Another bad seller RC Obcessions aka Robert Dusablon aka Corsair2018

FYI:

This seller is now banned. But he started over a year ago. I give a zero zero newbie a chance from time to time and this is time I got bit. I saw he had sold a few items. Been around over a year. I am sure he knew he had a little cred built up by waiting. I am not the only one. Others last year got bit. This year too. Lesson relearned after all these blissful years.......

My complaint is from this sales thread: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...6600T-receiver

I have started the painfully slow Paypal process........of course he is milking it with no responses, etc. I am sure he knows how to play the game. Pathetic.

See the posts: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/sear...ert%20Dusablon

New lesson is to look up the seller's name you get during the Paypal process. Had I searched his name, I would have found out not to buy. I could go all the way through the process and abort right before committing. A real name has to pop up. Should have looked. But that can be gotten around too, if you work at it. But I missed the step. My bad. His worse.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 20, 2020, 05:21 AM
Trader Rating: 14
Ya mean even with pictures it ain't real?
Sep 20, 2020, 07:39 AM
Trader Rating: 348
Another one of those short term 0 interest loans
Sep 20, 2020, 09:59 AM
Trader Rating: 47
Since scams like this seem to be more and more prevalent, I've taken the stance that if a new user with few posts and no trader rating has something I want I won't spend more than $30-40. If I get scammed I'm not out a fortune. If more than that I pass. I keep seeing more and more new users with few posts and no feedback making me believe they're mostly scammers cause I don't see a new to the hobby/registered user selling a $500 transmitter.
Sep 20, 2020, 10:35 AM
Trader Rating: 11
First red flag with this character is his constant practice of marking numerous ads as sold, but no TRs reflecting on the sales which of course never happened.
Sep 20, 2020, 01:09 PM
Trader Rating: 94
If he's in the U.S.A ,Why not track him down and pay a little personal visit. To far away you say! Chances are at least a few of the 200.000 r/c guys live near him and could help out, Then again, i guess that was in the (Good ole days) when guys had each others backs. Where's Doc Holliday and company when you need them eh. For those that may balk at this train of thought, odds are you would change your mind if you got took. Not a rant here by any means. This is what all soldiers learn in basic trainning from day one. as a veteran myself i know this to be fact not fiction
Sep 20, 2020, 02:18 PM
Trader Rating: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.slick
If he's in the U.S.A ,Why not track him down and pay a little personal visit. To far away you say! Chances are at least a few of the 200.000 r/c guys live near him and could help out, Then again, i guess that was in the (Good ole days) when guys had each others backs. Where's Doc Holliday and company when you need them eh. For those that may balk at this train of thought, odds are you would change your mind if you got took. Not a rant here by any means. This is what all soldiers learn in basic trainning from day one. as a veteran myself i know this to be fact not fiction
+1. Knowing that one may get ones butt whipped can change one’s business practices
Sep 20, 2020, 04:05 PM
Trader Rating: 85
Mt. Dora, Florida
A key board warrior is just that, a key board warrior. If I get taken, I would never ask anyone to put their self in any position to possibly get hurt or hurt someone else on my behalf. To me, hobby money is disposable income, which means you need to be financially able to lose it if that happens. How many of us have spent hundreds of dollars on a airplane only to take it out to the field and crash it to pieces within the first few flights. It stings, but you pick up the pieces, go home and listen to your wife fuss at you because you spent all that money on a plane only to crash it and make kindling out of it.

The only difference between the two is, you have a pile of kindling to show for all that money. Bright side is, maybe Paypal will come through. Now we can avoid being taking by buying new and paying retail, but then you lose that chase for the better deal on the classifieds. Some times the lure is just too great.

Also, thank you for your service Mr. Slick.
Sep 20, 2020, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdoramike
A key board warrior is just that, a key board warrior. If I get taken, I would never ask anyone to put their self in any position to possibly get hurt or hurt someone else on my behalf. To me, hobby money is disposable income, which means you need to be financially able to lose it if that happens. How many of us have spent hundreds of dollars on a airplane only to take it out to the field and crash it to pieces within the first few flights. It stings, but you pick up the pieces, go home and listen to your wife fuss at you because you spent all that money on a plane only to crash it and make kindling out of it.

The only difference between the two is, you have a pile of kindling to show for all that money. Bright side is, maybe Paypal will come through. Now we can avoid being taking by buying new and paying retail, but then you lose that chase for the better deal on the classifieds. Some times the lure is just too great.

Also, thank you for your service Mr. Slick.
Thanks for your reply: I Think you may have missed my point here. Yes you may buy a plane and destroy it and that is on you but at least you got the plane you paid for. Allowing someone to get away with theft and then blaming yourself does not negate the thief's actions. Taking no action only encourages the thief to continue knowing he got away with it. Yes you can wait many months for PP or bank to recover your $ but how many others will be ripped off in the meantime. I never implied that anyone should kill or mame these type of thiefs, although they certainly deserve it. "A nice little visit" is what i suggested. If folks are not part of the solution they become part of the problem and have no one to blame but themselves.
Sep 20, 2020, 07:13 PM
mr.slick,I think maybe you missed mtdoramikes point and I think the point is that it's a whole different story when you show up at a thieves door for a showdown. I think that with mtdoramikes experience in his former career you don’t know who you might be confronting or their criminal past it could be someone that has no problem doing whatever it takes not to go or go back to prison! So whats at stake here is the value of the loss worth someone being hurt or even killed by a dirt bag? And to solicit other rcg members to visit on behalf of someone they may not even know... and I'm sure that someone out there would think that sounds like a lot of fun but in the end it will likely end up going bad for the guy playing r/c hero. There are ways to deal with these thing's but they don't include face to face confrontation with an unknown and possibly hard-core criminal! And in the end if it does go sideways, the criminal justice system won't support that action. As r39o said he should have been more cautious and we can all learn from that mistake,but making another by a "visit" could turn a small loss into the ultimate loss that's the reason law enforcement will tell people time and time again not to confront criminals observe and report and let them do their job at bringing them to justice. If you get ripped off mr.slick and decide to pay someone a visit that's your decision and yours alone but to suggest that other's get in on the action on someone else's behalf is not only Irresponsible its ridiculous! Just my opinion.

Dane.
Last edited by Wind burn; Sep 20, 2020 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Text
Sep 20, 2020, 09:06 PM
Taking down the bad guys is what i used to enjoy and was trainned for but in no way do i promote anyone playing the vigalante here. The Doc Holliday line was just a lighthearted pun with the intent to get a laugh from the victim here as he proably needs one after being ripped off. As i stated in my reply. If some one knows this thief and or tracks him to his home they should inform the police and the victim and let them pay a nice visit and if he does not go peacefully then i'm sure the local police have a cell reserved for him. ' Observe and report' does not seem like to much to ask of anyone here in my humble opinion. God help anyone in FL. who pulls a scam like this. You will be caught and have to eat a poisened orange, Yes i said orange, this is FL. remember? Pay attention; You will then fall into a deep sleep until awoken by a tender kiss from another horrible thief. Tammy Faye Baker ring a bell?
Sep 21, 2020, 12:39 AM
mr.slick OK your 3rd. Post was a little clearer than the first 2, that seemed more along the lines teaching a thief a lesson more than it seemed to imply playing a vigilante. But in reality neither you myself or most of the others on rcg could teach a thief a lesson without using force or fear to do so which in and of itself could be a crime ,and the bottom line is that once a thief always a thief and they most likely will never learn until something massive occurs, and some thieves become desperate when confronted. And those who may read your post think it sounds perfectly within reason to do. I think everyone including myself have a few eye for an eye thoughts but it would surely need to be something much more significant than a bad sale on rcg. However there are those that don't have that filter, see where I'm going here? And with due respect for your service and training in the military I have a great deal of appreciation and respect for you sir! But on the flipside sometimes a person like yourself who has been in the military may plant a notion in someone's head albeit not completely intentional but may have the same bad outcome. And If I come across any thieves I will definitely tell them Florida has the best oranges!

Dane.
Last edited by Wind burn; Sep 21, 2020 at 12:41 AM. Reason: text
Sep 21, 2020, 06:18 AM
Trader Rating: 140
Bellanca Kruesair
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.slick
There are usually two sides to every story...… if you drive 500 miles to teach the jerk a lesson, and the jerk turns out to be a 235 pound retired Marine, you just drove a thousand miles to buy the man a beer...
Sep 21, 2020, 07:15 AM
Trader Rating: 81
Last edited by balsa-n-glow; Oct 11, 2020 at 12:03 AM.
Sep 21, 2020, 12:11 PM
Trader Rating: 69
Or it turns out the jerk owns a shotgun.

Quick Reply