Sep 18, 2020, 07:18 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Order stuck at warehouse

My order has been processing for 10 days now. I contacted customer service and they are waiting on the warehouse and seemed unable to provide any assurance of when it can be shipped. Am I the only one?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2020, 10:59 AM

Hobby King

Have the same problem. Ordered a canopy that was listed as being processed. Two weeks later got a “ back order” message.
Sep 18, 2020, 01:45 PM
Wanted for breaking Ohm's Law
Same thing a couple months ago. All items in stock from USA Warehouse and still sat for 6 days before it shipped.

I get it they are not Amazon but any other hobby providers no matter how small ships much much quicker.

I’m done...
Latest blog entry: RC Throw Gauge
Sep 19, 2020, 01:43 PM
Information Sponge
Boy oh boy! I feel your pain. I had batteries ordered, in stock USA, that sat for 7 days "in processing". I chatted 3 times with HK reps and each time was told to chat back tomorrow if they weren't shipped. By the 7th day, I chatted and received no assurances so I cancelled the order to buy my batteries elsewhere. They said a PayPal credit would issued in 3 to 7 days max. I moved on and bought from our new guy here, RCBatteries.com and had my batteries in 3 days FOR HALF THE PRICE!

Fast forward, I had sort of forgot about the credit so I looked and PayPal had nothing. I queried HK about where my credit was and the spiral down the rabbit hole began. I was told it would be coming. Sorry, that was what I was told about my order, too. I have NO CONFIDENCE with them carrying through. After no action AGIAN, I opened a claim with PayPal because we are limited in timing to do such a thing. The most incredible thing came of that. After supplying PayPal with all the transaction info in .jpg format, including transcripts from all chats proving that I was owed $111.53, PayPal denies my claim! Unbelievable. A credit was promised on Sept 4, 2020 and here it is Sep 19 and I have nothing. That is after reconnecting with a CS Rep and them escalating to Admin Billing.

I get ZERO product shipped or delivered and they get my $111.53 that they have had since Aug 28. I learned TWO very important things. 1: NEVER will I do business with Hobby King ever again and 2: I am done with PayPal for life. I received ZERO buyer protection from them when the evidence clearly shows I was owed money. I'll be checking with HK again to see if they intend to follow through as they should. This whole scenario has taken an inordinate amount of time and energy and it's criminal, IMO. If something doesn't happen soon, I'm looking into filing with the court. I have plenty of spare time.
Last edited by GrizzledBastard; Sep 19, 2020 at 01:51 PM.
Sep 19, 2020, 01:50 PM

Hobby King - Poor Service

These people need to understand ... customers expect good service.
Until that is resolved, I would only say ... there are other suppliers
of hobby products with true customer service. My order has been in
" pending " status for nine ( 9 ) days.

Email sent to Angelo T. at Hobby King on 09-19-2020

I see that you have received my request to cancel Order # 102393809.

You stated that a refund would be receive within next 7 "business" days.
There is a couple issues I have with that. First of all, Hobby King didn't
waste any time in excepting my payment ( like next day after order was
received at Hobby King ).

We are living in the age of computers and internet. I know you have
access to your computer network and internet . Why can't Hobby King
utilize today's technology? I can electronically transfer money at drop
of a hat. Only reason I know why Hobby King delays a credit is they
get to use my money longer or trying to figure how to issue credit.
*Not good customer service !!!!*

Since Hobby King doesn't understand the definition of " customer service ",
I want my account to be deleted from your listings. In plain English,
I will be utilizing other providers for hobby supplies and will encourage
others to do the same.

Feel free to forward this information to Hobby King Management.
They need to know what customers are experiencing.

Sep 19, 2020, 01:55 PM
Information Sponge
^^Do you think you'll get your credit?

My last communique with a rep I was told there was a "transition" happening at their warehouse. I am assuming that would be the Tualatin, OR location where ALL my shipments have originated for battery orders. Maybe all the workers left to go burn Portland and its surrounding area. It's a baffling issue.
Sep 19, 2020, 02:51 PM
Thread OP
I contacted their customer support via live chat and they said:
"Thank you for waiting. Upon checking the order I saw that the system has finally forwarded the order to our warehouse for picking and shipping Today. Our warehouse can normally do this in 2 to 3 business days (not including weekends), and once the package is shipped out they will let you know by e-mail."

"As far as the latest update from management, our warehouse is experiencing a large number of shipment delays right now, and we are still waiting for more updates at the moment. Personally though, I believe it was caused by our warehouse moving to two locations in a short span of a few weeks. I apologize for the delay."

If I don't see any change by next Wed, I'm cancelling.
Sep 22, 2020, 08:05 PM
First and probably last experience with HK. 7 days and still processing. I hope to heck I dont have a warranty claim. That must be a nightmare. Since they are hiring convicts out west to fight fires, maybe they can employ some as pickers? LOL.
Sep 23, 2020, 03:05 PM
Thread OP
Still no shipment. I contacted CS and they can't even cancel the order. I'm filing a complaint with Paypal.
Sep 24, 2020, 07:19 AM
To start, we're sorry for the delays. Most current backlogs are due to having to move the US warehouse but staff limitations due to COVID and the nearby wildfires are also contributing. I understand that the US warehouse is now mostly caught back up and is shipping orders as quickly as possible. If any further assistance is needed you can PM me or contact our support system.

https://support.hobbyking.com/hc/en-...-Email-Support

Rob
HK NY
Sep 24, 2020, 10:25 AM
retired ATC
had same problem...8 days and still prossessing...after a bunch of BS from customer service i canciled order and swore ill never order from them again..got the refund about a week later
Sep 24, 2020, 12:18 PM
Mine is at 11 days now and got the same bs runaround.
Sep 24, 2020, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400fe
Mine is at 11 days now and got the same bs runaround.
"bs runaround?"

Rob
HK NY
Sep 24, 2020, 09:17 PM
Formerly known as Konajoe
I ordered a Blade Fusion 360 from them thru Amazon and had no problems. If there's anything you want from Hobbyking, check to see if they sell it thru Amazon and order it that way,... worked for me.
Sep 25, 2020, 02:19 PM
I feel everybody's frustration I ordered a kit on the 12th and finally got it yesterday. I know that's nothing compared to most people but almost two weeks to go two hundred miles! hobby king you have all sorts of excuses fire ,chivid. this was a test order to see if what people were posting about hobbyking was true
YUP they were right. I was going to order alot more stuff but guess what hk YOU FAILED THE TEST!!

Quick Reply