F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF BNF Basic

The E-flite F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF jet delivers an unmatched flying experience, combining fantastic performance and easy handling with Extra Scale details and features, plus a finish that pays tribute to the iconic U.S. Navy demonstration team.

Splash

F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF

Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 has served the U.S. Navy Blue Angels since 1986 — longer than any other aircraft flown by the famous flight demonstration team. F/A-18s flown by the Blue Angels are nearly the same as those used by the Navy and Marine Corps as both fighters and attack platforms. The weapons are removed, a smoke-oil tank is installed, and the control stick spring system is adjusted to offer more precise control. The E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF provides an exceptional flying experience highlighted by an abundance of Extra Scale details and functional features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and more, while also being factory-finished to pay tribute to the iconic demo team.

E-flite® F-18 Blue Angels 80mm EDF BNF Basic/ARF Plus Jet (2 min 27 sec)

Features

• The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
  • Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy Blue Angels demonstration team
  • Factory-applied trim scheme with decal sheet to apply the number designation of your choice
  • Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
  • Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
  • V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
  • Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
  • Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
  • Ten factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
  • Spektrum™ AR636 6-channel receiver with industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
  • Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
  • The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
  • Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
  • No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
  • Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
  • Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
  • Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe

Learn More

For pricing and more info head over to Horizon Hobby!

Sep 17, 2020, 06:08 PM
youtube.com/ShadowVFX
The colored missiles made me smile.
Sep 17, 2020, 10:22 PM
DFS#000178
Is this a repaint of the current F-18? Is EFlite finally offering multiple color schemes of the same model at the same time..?

Also, ARF+. Nice I'm glad they're listening! Maybe they'll give us two color schemes for that Beech 18 SOME DAY
Sep 17, 2020, 11:06 PM

Same F-18

I purchased the original eflight F-18 and could never get it off the ground. The negatlve angle of attack along with not enough power attributed to an expensive static model. I even put bigger wheels on the nose strut. I ended up selling it. I purchased the
FW F-18 ARF+ and I have no problem taking off on our field. FW 9 blade 1920 KV.
Sep 18, 2020, 07:40 AM
Why do these manufactures have go give us a "history lesson" on the origins of the full scale aircraft? Most of us modelers already know this stuff!
Sep 18, 2020, 09:57 AM
I kind of wish they would offer a static model version! Take out all the electronics and retracts... I wonder how cheap it would be. I would like this and the Thunderbirds F-16 to hang from the ceiling.
Sep 18, 2020, 10:17 AM
DFS#000178
Oops. Delete please.
Sep 18, 2020, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmccull
I kind of wish they would offer a static model version! Take out all the electronics and retracts... I wonder how cheap it would be. I would like this and the Thunderbirds F-16 to hang from the ceiling.
Why don't you just get a scale model...
Sep 18, 2020, 12:48 PM
I think this is gonna be a cool plane. Always a Blue Angel fan. I have my share of 64mm Blue angel EDFs. A bit small and very difficult to hand launch. The Freewing 90mm is a little too costly and oversized for my environment. This E-Flite 80mm seems like a great compromise for me.

But i got to raise the Benjamin's for it.
Sep 19, 2020, 06:08 AM
Ldm
Ldm
Ldm
I love the look of these planes but sincerely no matter how well manicured our club keeps the runaway, these jets all struggle.
I have the L39 from Motion, it needs the entire runway, its needs a dangerous amount of flaps so your balancing take off speed with stall characteristics of taking off too soon.
The other night at out club a buddy had an eflight scale jet, same issues, barely lifted off the grass and we have a very long runway
Sep 19, 2020, 10:07 AM
Not all of them struggle, just the ones that are overweight and underpowered.

Even with the excellent static and good dynamic thrust of the FMS fan, shoving an 80mm into something that weighs up to 3400 grams....it's just too much weight for the fan size without going to high voltage.

Add to that some draggy ordinance and a CG that's too far forward and yes, it'll struggle.

It's sort of comical that HH recommends (up to) and 8000 mah battery in this thing in the manual. Even on pavement something this size would struggle a bit with what could be an ~1100 gram battery. 3400 grams AUW is too heavy to do more than fly racetrack patterns in the sky.
Sep 20, 2020, 09:56 AM
retired ATC
number 7 is the only blue angle that is a two seater that i know of...number 6 is a single seater
Sep 20, 2020, 12:36 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
It looks like they have used the 2 seater to stand in on occasion. 163468 did have a 6 on it at one time, but 7 seems to be the "normal" number. I don't see any pics of 162419 with a 6 on it. Only 5 and 7.
Sep 23, 2020, 07:37 AM
CR5
CR5
So is this the exact same model as the other e-flite 80mm F18 just sporting a new paint job?

According to my LHS it's slightly cheaper than the original version.
Sep 23, 2020, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CR5
So is this the exact same model as the other e-flite 80mm F18 just sporting a new paint job?

According to my LHS it's slightly cheaper than the original version.
Exactly, hard to figure all hoopla as if it's something new.....(marketing), we send you test plane and you must fly it!
Last edited by quickstop; Sep 23, 2020 at 10:06 AM.

Quick Reply