This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 15, 2020, 06:07 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Complete success - post wash-out adjustments!

Guys,

Park Zone SR 10 Stinson Maiden Flight 09 15 2020 (6 min 20 sec)

First steps of my adventure with this Park Zone SR-10 Stinson model:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...m-the-Ashes%21

Aerodynamic Adjustments to realize for WASH-OUT:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Wing-Tip-Curve

I can't say enough about this model and the results after working all the issues before the Maiden flight which by the way occurred super early this morning. As much as I would like to have done the maiden flight over at my RC Club the realities were simple, super weather conditions (almost dead Calm) and overcast provides a large showing early in the morning at the RC Club.

Therefore, I carefully selected my alternate flying site without the take turns and all the commotion. I wanted to concentrate carefully as to what many have warned me about the insidious Tip Stall, or just STALL, especially when turning the model at very slow speeds.

Let me tell you that BIG Ear-To-Ear smile I had after the few seconds after the model took off. It performed beyond my expectations and most importantly ZERO Tip Stall issues and especially during very slow and tight turns!

Perhaps the following video would not necessarily show the specific very SLOW flight as during the Maiden Flight of which was recorded (1st flight), I did keep some airspeed to anticipate any bad tip stall manners. It was not until the 2nd and 3rd flights (not recorded) that I was able to get very comfortable with this model and made very slow and low passes and nothing. Additionally, I made very tight turns during very slow flight using only rudder turns and traditional aileron + rudder turns and once again NOTHING! I usually Love just rudder turns to keep the wing with maximum lift without the ailerons affecting the airflow over the wings but, this time I tried both!

The landing, even during the maiden flight was Kiss-The-Ground effect and yes, that was with flaps (it really doesn't have much) but, I did keep airspeed.

Okay, sharing the Maiden Flight Video and some pre & post flight pictures along with what else I brought to my alternate flying site.

Park Zone SR 10 Stinson Maiden Flight 09 15 2020 (6 min 20 sec)
Last edited by PittSpecial; Sep 15, 2020 at 09:16 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 18, 2020, 01:39 PM
new Biplaner to be 04 2013
Cool!

Congratulation to your find, mods and successful maiden!

I'm a big fan of the old Parkzone planes myself.

Enjoy her in hopefully many undisturbed flights to come.

CCC
Sep 18, 2020, 04:05 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt.chaos canada
Cool!

Congratulation to your find, mods and successful maiden!

I'm a big fan of the old Parkzone planes myself.

Enjoy her in hopefully many undisturbed flights to come.

CCC
CCC,

Thanks! I am going to fly it again super early tomorrow, weather permitting (another Dead Calm conditions).

Quick Reply