This thread is privately moderated by perttime, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 15, 2020, 12:56 PM
Thread OP
Yippee!

First "flights" after many years

I had a model in the air, after many years of not flying at all.

I'd thrown together a green GWS Spitfire, with a home made mount for a brushless motor that I've had for a long time. It is uggly as .... with no spinner and some of the green paint gone with the masking tape that I used while gluing it together.

It was calm just before sundown, so I collected myself, the Spitfire, my old transmitter and an OLD LiPo pack that has miraculously survived the years - and went into the park just behind the apartment building.

I only did some glide tests down a slope, over long grass and even longer weeds. My launches were a bit shaky but a few of the better ones had the Spitfire in the air for a while and responding to ailerons and elevator about as expected.

And I didn't break it!

Next time we get some calm weather, I will go to a larger clearing and launch it under power. That might take a while, though.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply