Sep 17, 2020, 03:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitanro
For a DLG? are you sure?

I would love to have them on my F5k to reduce quite a bit of weight...
F5K should be easy, especially when running direct on 2S. That said, aren't all 5K models pretty much coming in below the min wing loading?
to remove ads between posts
Sep 17, 2020, 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
F5K should be easy, especially when running direct on 2S. That said, aren't all 5K models pretty much coming in below the min wing loading?
I know only one guy who uses 2S ina DLG, but maybe I'm wrong, in that case you are right, running them on 2S is giid.
It's very ease to make a F5K model underweight, but the converted models are heavier, my converted Vortex F5K weighs 288 grams and it has some tail weight, so using this new servo will reduce tins of weight.

Eitan
Sep 17, 2020, 07:23 PM
Thread OP
I prefer 1S for F3K so I'll be keeping X08 v5's for wings.
Sep 18, 2020, 09:24 AM
Looptastic!
Looks like a better alternative to the $5 Emax9251 i like to use all over the place for less seriouse models. hope you can keep the price below €20 a pop.

is the spline the same as the x08? i still like the pulleys from Thomas a lot.
Sep 18, 2020, 09:33 AM
Thread OP
Yeah splines are the same. Makes it a lot easier with interchanging parts and pieces.

These will retail for $35 USD (X08 v5 is $45).
Sep 19, 2020, 05:15 AM
Sad that servos have to cost $140 on a plane. Good thing F5K doesn't stress them as much and i can get servos at a $100 less per plane. Im sure they're wonderful and precise and fast and all the models will be molded to fit them. But... If you expect to grow the hobby, disposable income for models is getting less and less.

Nothing negative, just food for thought.
Sep 19, 2020, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco bob
Sad that servos have to cost $140 on a plane. Good thing F5K doesn't stress them as much and i can get servos at a $100 less per plane. Im sure they're wonderful and precise and fast and all the models will be molded to fit them. But... If you expect to grow the hobby, disposable income for models is getting less and less.

The difference between a good quality servo (KST/MKS/BB....) and a bad quality one (Hobbyking, etc...) is in few things:

1. Accuracy - a good quality servo will recenter itself accurately, a bad servo will cause double centering and your glider will never fly straight.
2. Power - a bad quality servo is much weaker that it is rated for, thing will cause a fatal failure and a loss of a model (less important for a F5K model) .
3. Thermal drift - some servo drift when they get hot and lose their center without any noticeable reason, this will crash your model during a launch and the pilot will blame everything other than the servo.
4. Slack - all metal gear servo's develope some slack over time, a goid servo won't develop as much slack and it won't be as noticeable during flight.

A giid quality servo requires a lot of development and testing that cost a lot of money, using better materials also cost money, all of that drives the final cost of the product.
There are still some cheaper servo's available with good price and good quality, a good example is the Hyperion DS09 but it'ssslower than others and has some othe minor issues (I'm not familiar with any other cheap good servo)
Sep 19, 2020, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by taco bob

Lots of cheaper servos on the market, so there is a lot of choice for budget builds.

That said, I applaud KST for making these at $35 when they can sell these for $45 and probably not affect their sales much. There is always a market for high quality and performance products, and at this price point it’s a bargain.
Sep 20, 2020, 07:36 PM
Very true Sir.
Sep 24, 2020, 01:33 AM
Thread OP
First batch arriving tomorrow, will be on our website sometime tomorrow.
Sep 24, 2020, 09:44 AM
plays with toy planes
Quality and choices are up, costs are flat or (in some cases like this) down. It's a golden age for DLG's.
Sep 24, 2020, 12:13 PM
Thread OP
X06 is now available for orders: https://www.armsoar.com/collections/...32868538450023
I'll upload the product photo on the website later today.

Orders placed today will be shipping Saturday or Monday.
Sep 25, 2020, 01:33 PM
RC Sailplane Pilot
Thomas, since you appear to be friends with the KST folks do you know if they have ever considered making servos that would be compatible with the various types of "bus" systems?

Ryan
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons
Sep 25, 2020, 01:42 PM
Thread OP
They've considered it, but I don't know if they're doing it or not, haha
Sep 25, 2020, 01:48 PM
RC Sailplane Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasLee
They've considered it, but I don't know if they're doing it or not, haha
Well if it matters you can tell them that a person with over 22,000 rc groups posts thinks they should make servos that are XBUS ready.*

Ryan

* This was a joke.
Latest blog entry: Supergee wing mount pylons

Quick Reply