This thread is privately moderated by PittSpecial, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 14, 2020, 06:53 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Discussion

Took out the Ugly Wing Distortion - Upward Wing Tip Curve

Guys,

Like the title of this post says, I have finally fixed the ugly upward wing tip curve.

Again, my adventures with this model starts at:
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...m-the-Ashes%21

After talking to the previous owner who informed me that the model sustained a crash due to one of the strut eye hole coming lose and model lost the wing in mid-flight. I don't know how the FUSE survived except to say that the model was not that high off the ground.

Needless to say the wing assembly it has today is a wing he purchased separately at GRAVESRC and he informed me that it came with the ugly upward wing tip curve.

Well, after thinking a bit, I decided NOT to fly this model with that Upward wing tip curve, it is just NOT right! Instead I was successful in setting up some boxes that came out to the almost the correct height while the model sat on it's landing gear (Slightly elevated). I propped up the rear of the wing tips (to install WASH-OUT) and using a 1875 WATT hair dryer I was able to not only take out the upward wing tip curvature but, install some Wash-Out on both wing assemblies. Of course all of this happened while securing the model with a Lead Acid Battery at the Top of FUSE where wing meet and of course a heavier battery at each wing tip area and making sure the Lead Acid Battery at the wing tip section was sticking slightly over the Leading Edge of the wing to produce that twist necessary for WASH-OUT.

A BIG success.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2020, 08:28 AM
Carlos and I are one of the few people out there (I think) that believe in recycling. I know a lot of people have gotten used to flying models that come out of the box with only basic assembly to go fly. This in turn has caused a lot of people to join hobby that normally probably wouldn't have.

I have never done this, I usually land up buying or being given ( usually by Carlos) an airplane that needs some work in order to fly again.

It can be a challenge but it is probably much easier than building one from scratch like I used to do many years ago because I couldn't afford kits.

Of course, I did buy a fun Cub kit but it was nowhere near ARF, and it is the first one I have purchased in about 25 to 30 years.

In the end, he has a nice airplane that he will enjoy for years like a lot of his other airplanes.

What is the twin-engine airplane in the background?
Sep 15, 2020, 04:48 PM
Right Rudder
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marked
Carlos and I are one of the few people out there (I think) that believe in recycling. I know a lot of people have gotten used to flying models that come out of the box with only basic assembly to go fly. This in turn has caused a lot of people to join hobby that normally probably wouldn't have.

I have never done this, I usually land up buying or being given ( usually by Carlos) an airplane that needs some work in order to fly again.

It can be a challenge but it is probably much easier than building one from scratch like I used to do many years ago because I couldn't afford kits.

Of course, I did buy a fun Cub kit but it was nowhere near ARF, and it is the first one I have purchased in about 25 to 30 years.

In the end, he has a nice airplane that he will enjoy for years like a lot of his other airplanes.

What is the twin-engine airplane in the background?
Dearest Mark,

Please don't piss-off your buddy that comes with an occasional two or three models even with servos, motor, ESC and even a Spektrum Receiver!

For your information, the aerodynamic adjustment(s) I did to the Park Zone SR-10 Stinson Reliant proved a BIG SUCCESS, buddy!

Watch this video! Watch to the end as there are Still Pictures with notes!

Park Zone SR 10 Stinson Maiden Flight 09 15 2020 (6 min 20 sec)

Quick Reply