Sep 15, 2020, 06:32 PM
Thread OP
ONCE AGAIN
Rich;
Thank you so much for that document. Hopefully this procedure will do what I need it to do. Just doing the initial read, it appears that it sets the center and endpoints of all the channels. Which I think is needed on this radio. At this time it is a bit amusing when you move the sticks about 10 degrees in any direction and the servo goes to its total endpoint within that stick movement.

OK all the required hardware and mechanics are ready. Jumper is made and inserted. Now just to read, reread and reread again the procedure so I do it right.
Last edited by Otakar; Sep 15, 2020 at 06:41 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 15, 2020, 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otakar
ONCE AGAIN
Rich;
Thank you so much for that document. Hopefully this procedure will do what I need it to do. Just doing the initial read, it appears that it sets the center and endpoints of all the channels. Which I think is needed on this radio. At this time it is a bit amusing when you move the sticks about 10 degrees in any direction and the servo goes to its total endpoint within that stick movement.

OK all the required hardware and mechanics are ready. Jumper is made and inserted. Now just to read, reread and reread again the procedure so I do it right.
Hey I like that jumper. Since you didn't have to take out the battery box. procedure will be easier. Btw did you happen to check the 3.0 volt lithium coin battery? Only have to take out 2 screws on the front and 2 on the bottom then lift the display. To expose the battery.
Sep 15, 2020, 10:13 PM
Thread OP
The coin battery no longer exists. It was replaced with the square white prismatic 1000MAh rechargeable cell which is plugged into the red JST connector. I charge it about once every one to two years. I have had this radio for about two years now and just charged that battery yesterday. It still had 70% charge. The connector on the left is the charging connector. All charging is performed through the existing battery door. BTW, the red 18650 pack is 49Wh. Because the 2.4GHz module absorbs very little power, most is sucked up by the computer, tis radio and the others which I converted to the 18650 pack have a very long battery life. I get around 10 hours on one charge. Lot of room inside this transmitter and the 6 18650 cells fit with room to spare.
Sep 22, 2020, 10:23 AM
Thread OP
"Rich, You are the MAN" I followed the instructions steps 9-21 to the letter. AND it worked perfectly. It did exactly what I wanted. Put everything together and it works perfectly. This document is a "MUST HAVE" for anyone with a Stylus radio. It is not difficult just must follow the steps precisely. I did it on the first try. In step 24 there is a verification. If there is a screw up during the programing than it just must be redone. Because I wanted to make sure that it was done right, I read everything three times before I performed the step. I think that the most tedious part is finding the centers on the two sliders and the throttle stick. I know that I screwed this Tx up while improperly removing the Glider card. I wish I could find one of the "original" Aero cards. before they came out with the Acro card. Since I only fly scale and some sport I have no need for the Acro or other cards. Looking at the card instructions, they just make things more confusing.
Last edited by Otakar; Sep 22, 2020 at 10:33 AM.

Quick Reply